Chapter 4:Fun

THIRD P.O.V (BACK TO THE PRESENT)

'Not a single word about the mafia is mentioned during my entire stay here,' you thought, smiling silently.

'They do think of me as a normal civilian who got dragged into this mess...'

'Hahaha... How sweet.'

A facade played out within you. Bored and tired, yet your expression only revealed a soft smile—bright and genuine.

"Oh! Speaking of going abroad!" your mother exclaimed, her tone indicating she had remembered something important. Everyone turned their attention to her. "We're going to Italy, so I hope you kids don't mind if I take your father away for some trip," she said, smiling sweetly, as if the world was revolving around the couple in front of you.

The contrast between the façade you maintained and the external world's dynamics only added layers to the complexity of your situation.

"Are you leaving me alone mother?" you asked in a sad voice hoping she'll take pity on you and take you with her, which unfortunately didn't work, guess you should start working on your appeal. All eyes were now on you making my mother chuckle softly.

"Come now, Y/n, you're not a small kid anymore. You need to learn to be more independent," she said, patting your head. It took all your self-control not to curse directly at the woman in front of you.

"Fine, then when are you guys leaving?" you asked, your smile returning to your face. However, it vanished the moment she answered, "Now."

'She's leaving me alone with these problematic 7 dudes?'

You thought, rolling your eyes to yourself as you forced another smile. "Have a safe trip," you said, not bothering to look at her anymore. The annoyance within you prevented you from gazing at the face of the woman who had brought you into this mess.

"Aww, thank you, Y/n. Mommy will make sure to bring you tons of stuff! And honey, I think it's time to go; we might miss our flight," my mom said, clinging to my stepfather.

'My eyes. Shit, that was disgusting as hell. A fucking eyesore.'

"My, my, look at the time. Then shall we go then...?" The man said with a voice so sweet that your eyes met, making a sweat drop. "Y/n dear, this is now your home too, so feel free to do anything here. And boys, be nice," he said, smiling sweetly, and you nodded and smiled back.

Everyone bid their farewell and wished the couple a safe trip as they disappeared from our sight.

'Goodness gracious, I need to feel the warmth of the bed and sleep for a hundred years.'

"Shall I show you your room...?" Jin said, smiling as he guided you upstairs, stopping in front of a door. The door opened to reveal a bright pink color.

'Too freaking bright for my dark soul.'

"Do you like it? We don't know much about a girl's preferences for their room, so we decided on the most basic ones. I'm sorry if it doesn't suit your preference," he said, showing an apologetic smile. You quickly denied, "No, no, I actually like it. I'm not that much of a picky person when it comes to this stuff. I'm already grateful that you guys have prepared my room; I can't express my gratitude enough!" you said, making the boy in front of you chuckle. He found your attitude different from girls your age.

"Thankfully you liked it. If you find the colors too distracting, please do tell. We can change it right away. I'll leave you now; I'll call you when it's time for dinner. Take your time to rest," he said, a soft smile never leaving his face. You nodded and closed the door softly.

You sat on the bed, taking in the vastness of the room. It felt surreal, the enormity of the space contrasting sharply with the smallness you felt. Your previous room seemed like the size of the bathroom here, making you feel uncomfortably tiny.

'Uncomfortable.'

You thought as you made your way to the window, sitting on the window seat and staring outside.

"This will take some time to adjust..."

You said, sighing deeply. A yawn escaped, and you rested your head on the window, feeling drowsy as your eyes gave in to the fatigue.

________________________

"Knock, knock."

You opened your eyes to the sudden sound of a soft knock on the door, making you jolt up. You quickly went to the door and opened it to see Jimin.

"Oh, were you sleeping?" He asked, smiling awkwardly. You chuckled lightly and nodded shyly, "Yeah, the room was too comfortable to not sleep." Jimin chuckled in response, and you continued, "Oh yeah, is there anything wrong?" you asked, remembering the purpose of the knock.

"Right, dinner is ready," he said, making you nod your head. You followed him towards the dining area and took the seat between Jin and Namjoon, marveling at the amount of food in front of you.

"What a feast," you mumbled, the words escaping your lips and reaching everyone's ears, prompting a chuckle from Jin. "Consider it a welcoming party, so eat to your heart's content, Y/n," he said, affectionately patting your head. You responded with a soft smile and a nod, genuinely touched by their warm gestures.

"You don't have to, but thank you," you expressed, a sincere smile gracing your face—a departure from the guarded expressions you've displayed so far. Amidst the meal, playful banter and occasional bickering among the boys infused the table with a lively and enjoyable atmosphere.

'Fun...?'

As you thought, an unexpected memory flashed in your mind, a memory involving that person.

'Damn it.'

Before you could delve further into the memory, your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone choking beside you.

"Woah, are you alright?" you inquired, promptly handing Jin a glass of water. He nodded in gratitude, quickly drinking the water, and then looked at you. "Thanks," he said, and you both continued eating.

_______________________________