Chapter 19 - Cold war

Blaze's POV

I was in the living room, sitting alone in darkness, drinking. I felt numb. I couldn't know what to do anymore. I hoped that Ashley would forgive me, and we would be happy together again like in the old days, but she crashed everything.

Thinking about her in another man's arms, especially my own brother, it was horrible. My woman. My Ashley. Now she was in my brother's room as his wife. Fuck! I ran my hand through my hair and gripped it. Now probably, they were making love; she was moaning his name while he was kissing, touching her. I clenched my fist.

"No! No! No!" I slammed my fist onto the centre table.

My hand started bleeding again, but I didn't care, now my heart was bleeding more than my hand. I couldn't bear that, seeing them together every day. It was real torture. Why? Why did you do it to us? I wiped my tears off my cheeks.

Ashley's POV

The following morning I woke up with a pounding headache. When I looked at the couch, James wasn't there. I got up and went to the bathroom.

After taking a shower, I got ready and went downstairs. Everybody was here, having breakfast.

As James saw me, he stood up and walked towards me. He placed a soft kiss on my cheek. He caught me off guard. I gave him a shy smile.

When I looked at Blaze, he was staring at his plate. His face was gloomy, and he looked so tired. Probably, he didn't sleep last night.

James pulled the chair for me. I gave him a slight smile and sat down.

"Blaze, today, you are going to the company with me. You should attend the meeting too." His father said.

Blaze was playing with his food, instead of eating, lost in thoughts without saying anything.

"Blaze!" His father called his name, trying to control his voice as much as possible.

Blaze lifted his head up and looked at him expressionless. "Hmm?"

His father sighed and repeated. "Today, you are going to the company with me. You should be in the meeting too."

He nodded without saying anything. He stared at his plate after giving me a cold glare.

After breakfast, I left the mansion with James. I was going to meet up with Kelly. He dropped me off at her house and went to the company.

"What?!" Kelly choked on her coffee when I told her about yesterday. "You are kidding me?!" She looked at me suspiciously.

I sighed. "I wish."

"Oh my goodness, Ashley!" She exclaimed, trying to digest what I had told her. "How did Blaze react?"

I breathed deeply. "Smashed the glass, bled his hand and told me that I just got married to his brother for revenge. Nothing more." I said ironically.

"Oh my goodness!" She covered her mouth with her hand, looking at me in shock.

"Did he tell them about your relationship?" She asked.

I shook my head. " No, he didn't, at least."

After a few silence seconds, she said. "I think we were wrong about not believing him. He really loves you, Ashley. Otherwise, he would tell them that you were his girlfriend."

I looked at her, confused. I nibbled my lower lip as I mumbled. "James....told me about me...as Blaze's mysterious girlfriend. He said the girl changed him for better, and added that he got worse after breaking up with her. He drinks every day, doesn't go to the company....And yesterday, before James said we got married, he really looked bad and already was drunk."

"I put myself in his place, and it is really horrible. To see someone who you love with other person; that person is married to someone else, and they live under the same roof with you. Especially if it is your own brother. Thinking that he touches you..." She shook her head in disapproval.

"Kelly, we are not a real husband and wife."

"But he doesn't know it. And I am sure he thinks about it, and it doesn't make his situation easy." She commented.

"But I didn't know. If I knew it before, I would have never pretended." I said, closing my eyes. "And it is not easy for me either. To see him like that. Do you know how bad I feel when I see him unhappy?! It makes my heart sink." I admitted. "Last night when he cut his hand, I felt awful." I couldn't hold my tears anymore. "I love him." I admitted, crying.

Kelly hugged me. I hugged her back, still crying. "It is getting messed up more and more. I don't know what to do, Kelly."

"My dear." She said sadly. "Maybe it is a sign that you should tell him about your pregnancy." She added.

I pulled back. "I can not. Especially now. It is too late." I said, sobbing. "He hates me."

"Ashley, he loves you. I am sure now." Kelly said, giving me a reassuring smile.

"No, Kelly. It is not up for discussion. I decided about it, and I will not change my mind. It is for the best for all of us."

Blaze's POV

I was in a conference room. I couldn't focus on work. I was just thinking about Ashley.

After the meeting had ended, I wanted to leave, but my father ordered me to stay.

"Blaze, I will tell you for the last time. Pull yourself together. I will not repeat it." He said and left the conference room angrily.

I ran my fingers through my hair, closing my eyes.

"Blaze?" James called my name as he walked in.

Here we go again!

I breathed deeply and opened my eyes. " Yes." I snapped, annoyed.

"Are you fine?" He asked, concerned as he sat down on the seat beside me.

"Perfect! Why shouldn't I be?!" I replied sarcastically.

He sighed. "Blaze, you should move on. You are torturing yourself. I don't want to see my brother in this state. Last night....you scared me.Ashley was scared for you too."

I clenched my fist after hearing her name. Even her name that was coming out of his mouth made me mad.

"You will find someone who will make you happy like Ashley makes me." He said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I clenched my jaw. I was holding myself hard. So hard.

"Sure." I gave a mocking smirk and stood up quickly. "And congratulations, I wish Ashley will not make you suffer like I am suffering." I added, emphasizing the last part and left the conference room, slamming the door behind me.