Motions

Chapter 23: Motions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aunt Kat

"To my beautiful niece AirRen and her children, I leave the rest of my belongings including profitable stocks and investments.

To my best friend, Shelia and her son August, I leave my Houston estate for you to have a better life in." My weak brittle hands wrote.

I revised my last will and testament over and over until I was completely satisfied with the words filling the paper. I had finally coped with the fact that I wouldn't be here for too much longer but the idea still didn't sit well with me. I wouldn't be here for AirRen and the babies. For Shelia and Aug. I wouldn't be able to marry Leonardo DiCaprio. I chuckled at the thought of being married to my dream man.

'Ding ding ding' The doorbell sounded filling up the silent house.

I moved slowly towards the front door of my house fumbling with the wig I gently placed on my head. I wasn't expecting anyone to come by. After I found out about my sickness I cut everyone off including my best friend and my niece.

"Kitty, why do you take so long to get to the door."

"Shelia what are you doing here?" I asked moving up the stairs to my bedroom.

"Well you haven't been answering my calls. I talk to baby girl and she asked me to come check on."

"Im fine! Just go ahead and leave so I can get some rest." I yelled.

"Kitty what's wrong? "She looked into my deeply sunken eyes placing her hands on my shoulders. My shoulders weaken every second her hands rested on them.

I had to tell someone what was going on but I didn't know how.

"Listen Shelia, there's a lot of things wrong but I need you to keep this." I passed the notebook full of pictures, poems and most importantly my will.

"What is this?" She asked looking through the book.

"Shelia ... I'm- I'm .... I'm dying." I fell to the plush carpet of my bedroom, pulling the wig off crying into my brittle hands. Moments later I was wrap into a warm embrace.

"How long have you know kitty?"

"Before I left Houston. "

Her hug grew tighter as her tears fell onto the peach fuzz on top of my head. For hours we sat there and cried in silence.

***Hours Later***

"Where did you get this from?" I asked pulling on the blunt Shelia attempted to roll.

"Honey, Aug think I don't know he keep his stuff at my house. I pinch a few off every now and then to relax but YOU need a few good blunts!" She chuckled choking on the smoke.

"Shelia hush up! You remeber in high school when we use to sneak off to go smoke?! I laughed in between puffs. It had been a while since I really felt happy.

"Girl yes! We use to get so damn high. That's probably why my sons smoke their damn brain cells away!" She joked sparking up another one.

"I'm just happy to get it off my chest. I just can't believe I held it in for so long."

She looked up from the desk observing my every move. "Have you told baby girl?"

"No Shelia. I will once she comes next month. I don't know how to tell her but I know it has to be done."

"Stop crying and smoke Kitty. Medical marijuana ain't gon have yo ass feelin' good like this." She joked.

"I love you She-She." I said feeling the high kick in.