Ties

Chapter 25: Ties
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Months Later*

AirRen

"If 16z+ 7y+x, what is the value of x when y=4 and z=1?"

My thoughts filled the campus library reviewing for my math test. This was the only time I could really study peacefully without all of my focus being on AJ and Seppie around.

" Nigga shut up." A boy whispered from the table behind me.

"You the one studying late and shit. You know coach wasn't bout to let yo ass out just get out of practice for a test." The other boy replied dribbling a basketball around.

I put my headphones in trying to block out any useless noises. I was focused and I needed to stay that way until I got this test out of the way. Moments later my phone started to buzz.

"Hey Ny! Everything good?" I asked a bit worried.

"Yea girl. AJ is sleep but Seppie on the other hand is breathing a little funny and I don't see her inhaler."

I looked in my purse hoping that it wasn't in here and Ny just over looked it in their bags so I could finish studying.

"Damn." I thought pulling the inhaler out. "I got it! Im on the way now."

"Kay ... see yah in 5."

I gathered my books and rushed out of the door walking towards the parking garage. I was halfway to the car until I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"Heeeeeeey!" He called. I turned around to notice it was one of the dudes from the library.

"Yes?" I looked him up and down wondering what the hell was so important.

"You left your book beautiful." He smiled.

"Um ... thanks." I didn't know why I was being so cold but I wasn't use to dudes really talking to me. My whole life I had Mel and Aug so no dude would ever really have the balls to step to them to get to me.

"Damn. You ah lil mean one. How you gon be a nurse and you mean?"

I couldn't help but to giggle. "I'm sorry. Wait, how did you know I was majoring in nursing?"

"Uh I can sort of read. I mean the book says 'Introduction to Nursing.'" He chuckled.

I stared at the book and began to blush.

"Well thank you uhh-"

"Trey." He extended his hand.

"Thank you Trey. Im AirRen by the way." I replied smiling at him.

"Well Miss. AirRen can I call you sometime? You know just in case you misplace a book again." He asked holding the car door open.

I had to admit Trey was fine but who would really wanna be dating someone with two kids before the age of 20.

" I would but I can't." I said starting my engine.

"And why not?"

"Look if you see me again then I'll give you my number, okay? Right now I have to go. " I smiled pulling off.

Trey B.

She left me standing there in the parking garage. Her thick frame, chocolate skin and personality would definitely make a niggah crazy but it was something she was hiding. I mean I'm Trey Burke, GSU's star basketball player but that ain't mean shit to her.

"You got shawty number? " DJ asked.

I cut my eyes at him, "Of course niggah! "

I couldn't let my homeboy know AirRen dissed me at her car. I was the man on this campus but dealing with her I knew she was gon be different from any other girl.