27

I wake up with my head on Jace's comfortable chest and instantly smile. I think this is the first time I've ever smiled as soon as I woke up.

Lifting my head, I grab my phone and check the time, then notice how beautiful Jace looks when he sleeps. He's so adorable.

Ugh, I gotta pull myself together. Jace is just a friend. Jace is just a friend. Jace is just a friend.

As much as I want to stay there and just cuddle into him, the stubborn side of me that doesn't like Jace makes me get up and go to the bathroom. Once I've taken a shower and changed into leggings and one of Alex's hoodies, I head back to my room to find that it's empty. Where the hell is-

"Ahhh!" I scream when Jace jumps out from behind the door and grabs me.

He laughs, "Well, you just woke up everyone in the neighbourhood."

"Don't you know not to jump out and grab a girl who people have attempted to murder more than once?"

His smile drops. "Oh. Oops."

He's still holding onto me with his hands at my waist. When I look down, he just pulls me in closer, smirking.

"Need a hug?"

"I'm good."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Alex says, standing across the hall at his room doorway.

Jace lets go of me straight away. "Hanging out with Yasmin Fuentes. What are you doing here?"

Alex stands shirtless as if he just woke up from a sleepless night, his eyes are puffy and tired and his skin looks pale. It's never healthy for him to be fighting with Amelia. And it's not good for us either, cause he's always in a bad mood.

"Drive me to Club ninety-six so I can get my car, will you?" Jace says and walks out of my room.

Alex gives me a weird look but doesn't bother to ask if I was at the club with him. "Fine." He goes into his room and comes out wearing a hoodie and they leave after Jace calls bye to me.

+++

I walk down the prom poster filled corridor, ignoring everyone staring at me as if I just had the biggest scandal of the year.

It's lunch time, and i've been dreading this moment all day. I've managed to avoid Wes up until now, but he'll be in the cafeteria. I could just not eat and sit in the library or something, but there's no way i'd give up precious food for that boy.

"Hey," Tyler says cheerfully while he starts walking beside me, a couple of guys behind him. "Heard about Wes, but hey, maybe it's for the best. The single life is the best life."

"Definitely."

"All the dudes here will be extra happy that you're single now," he nudges me in the side and looks behind him at his friends.

"Why?"

"Cause, you know."

"I don't. Me being single wont affect their lives in any way." I know what he means, but I want to hear him say that he thinks now that i'm not in a relationship i'll sleep with every guy who's ever wanted to have sex with me. I want to hear how ridiculous that'll sound out loud.

Tyler looks a little lost in his thoughts, but one of the guys saves him.

"Yasmin, I'll give you fifty bucks if you show me your tits."