Chapter 6 - Predator or Prey?

+Hanji PoV+

One week, one week since we saw that beast, one week since it saw us. I've never shaken in the face of danger or death, never faltered. But that thing was something else, something beyond what we could hope to understand. It doesn't help that Erwin's been indulging himself in that strange book, The Mysterium Xarxes, that book is nothing but trouble waiting to happen. But he thinks that it holds an answer, even if nobody could read the thing.

Levi's been acting weirder as well, his cleaning has lacked to where I'm still finding dust, DUST! That thing, that Dragon, it changed him for some reason...actually, I've find my Titan studies being replaced with thought's on it as well, did it do that to us? Or is it our own doing?

We haven't seen those priest's since the meeting with Erwin either, it's as if they just vanished. They gave me the spooks anyway, and the way they chanted...creepy.

I was pulled out of my paradox of thinking when something suddenly clicked, that scout that quit a few months ago while screaming insanities about that Dragon that killed her friend. We had all thought she was raving mad, now look who was wearing the fools hat.

But what was it the Dragon wanted, a bounty? Living? Or perhaps it was just some wild animal?...No, it may be a lot of thing's but an animal isn't one of them. This thing was smart, organized, deadly.

Without even realizing it I was already writing thing's down, a concentrated frown taking over my features as I scribbled down what seemed to fit.

'Enjoys Killing...Eats Titans, Primary food source?...Can blend with shadow's...Breaths Fire?...
Curious, or getting information?...Holds a strange intent...Holds immense power, or gaining it?...Might be more intelligent than us...'

Those are only a few of the things that raced through my mind, the paper filled with the word's of my thoughts as some of the ink had spilt over the table from my rush. But it all stopped when I wrote the last letter of the next line, my eye's wide as I read over my writing.

"Who are we?...Predators?...Or Prey?"