Chapter 15

*A few days later*

Alex’s POV

I took a deep breath as I looked over myself in my mirror. I thought I looked pretty decent, if I could say so myself. Today was the day that I was taking Rachel out on our first date and I was over the moon. Jack came into my bedroom and saw me adjusting my hair and shirt and let out a chuckle.

“Dude, you look awesome. Chill out a bit you gotta go get her soon”

I sighed once again trying to fix my hair even though it was already neat and nicely placed, “I know man, but first dates are important. I gotta show her that I’m sorry and I really care about her. You know, as a friend, and more than friends.”

“You know Alex, I don't think in all the years I’ve known you have I seen you this into a girl.”

“She’s special…and different.” I said smiling to my friend as he sat on my bed pigging out on chips he stole from my kitchen.

I looked at my watch and it showed 5:37. I had to leave within the next couple minutes to pick my lovely date up.

“Hey man! You’re spilling the crumbs on my blankets, not cool!” I yelled jokingly to Jack, who just shrugged in response. “Anyway, I’m gonna get going in a minute. Thanks for taking care of the dogs for me tonight.”

“No problem bro, go get that woman.”

———————

Rachel’s POV

From: Alex

Hey there! I’m leaving my house soon so I’ll probably be at your place in less than 10! Hope you're ready! :)

I smiled at my phone reading Alex’s text to me and started getting both nervous and excited. I anxiously fixed up myself and looking myself over in the mirror. The weather had warmed up significantly within the last few weeks so I could actually wear a nice outfit without worrying about wearing a heavy winter jacket over it. I decided on wearing my white collared flowy tshirt, camo skinny jeans and a nice black leather jacket, along with my green Vans.

During the week I had a long Skype call with my mom and I told her about Alex and she seemed happy for me that I found a nice guy to call my friend so far, but she kept her fingers crossed that it would develop into something more. And I had honestly told her that I kinda wished that it would develop into a lovely relationship as well, Alex was truly a sweetheart to me and I loved how when he was around, I was happy.

My doorbell rang and I knew that it was going to be Alex. I jogged from my bedroom, down the stairs and to the door, opening it up excitedly.

“Hey!” I said happily to Alex

“Hi” he said suddenly breathlessly, “you look amazing.”

I smiled widely and so did he, “thanks Alex, you look very good yourself” I said motioning to his attire. He really did look good in his button up shirt, skinny jeans, and Converse.

“Oh! I uh, have something for you too” he said moving his hand that had been behind his back, revealing a beautiful red rose.

“Wow, thanks Alex” I said as he handed me the flower, “I’m gonna go put this in some water and then we’ll go?”

“For sure. I’ll just wait by my car” he said leaving the doorway.

I was smiling like a fool holding my red rose and grabbed a tall glass, filled it with water then placing the flower in it. I headed to the door, grabbed my purse, locked up the house, and met up with Alex outside.