187

The sounds of unfamiliar screaming awoken me from my sleep, making me shoot my eyes open in alert to the piercing day light.

My father, my own father, was running in my room with a baseball bat in the air while screaming in rage. My heart raced and I lost the words to speak in shock. Harry and I both sat up urgently in bed, his eyes widened as he saw my father running towards him with the wooden weapon.

In a flash Harry jumped out of bed in his boxers, running to the opposite end of the room from my father who wanted to hurt him bad.

"Dad!" I screamed as he chased Harry around my small room, swinging the bat.

Oh my god we never locked the door last night. Luckily we both put on clothes because if not we would've been naked in the bed when he came in. But I was just wearing Harry's shirt and a pair of shorts, and harry was I just his black boxers.

My dad swung the hard wood to hit him near my dresser drawers but luckily Harry ducked so the bat knocked everything off the surface instead.

"Dad stop!" I screamed while Harry ran back and leaped over the bed, running away from my father who was literally going to kill him with this bat. My mom runs in from the noise in her long robe and widens her eyes at the sight.

"Ben what are you doing!" My mom yells as my dad chases Harry around my small room, swinging the bat like a mad man and destroying everything.

"I came in here to apologize to Amelia for being so cold to her these past few days but here I find this criminal half naked with her in bed!" He yells while almost hitting Harry again but just missing.

I jumped out of bed and ran to behind my father, grabbing the bat he was holding behind his shoulder in an impending swing.

"Dad are you insane!" I slip the bat out of his grasp from behind him and hold it firmly in my hands.

As I thought he was going to turn around and try to take the bat back from me, instead he just charged at Harry, pinning him to the wall and punching him right in the stomach.

Harry grunts at the impact, doubling over.

"Ben!" I mom screams as I yell in shock.

He nails his fist right in Harry's stomach again, making me scream and run to try and pull him back by his shoulders but he was a lot stronger then me. Harry wasn't fighting back because he couldn't, he wasn't fighting back because he knew it was my father. He was willing to let my father beat the crap out of him instead of fighting back. But I didn't want Harry to just take it, he needed to fight back.

He throws a third hit in the same spot, making Harry jolt and winding him. Tears start to welt my eyes and my blood boils at the same time. My mom stays stood by the door with her mouth covered, screaming at my dad to stop hurting Harry but can't physically do anything to stop him.

Before I could even blink, I swung the bat hard into my fathers side with boiling rage clouding my vision.

My dad shouts in pain and my mom gasps. He releases Harry and stumbled to the side in the impact, holding his ribs instantly. Harry falls to the ground, winded and holding his stomach.

"Amelia!" My father screams at me while holding his side.

"What is wrong with you!" I scream while holding the bat. "You think you can just beat him!"

I drop the bat and run over to Harry on the ground, leaned against the wall. I drop to my knees and brush the hair out of his face, looking at him with concern.

"Are you okay?" I whisper, making him nod.

"I'm fine sweetheart." He breathes while holding his stomach.