Getting Closer

A few months had passed from that horrific day in January. Now it was late April, almost the beginning of May. You were 8 months pregnant and your swollen belly was difficult to bare with. You had also been staying permantly in Austin for the past two months now. You and Jensen thought it would be best if you were in Texas full time where your family and Gen could help you if you needed anything while Jensen was finishing filming. Although you missed sleeping next to your wonderful husband each night, getting the baby's nursery was alot of fun for you. Jensen was home two weekends ago and you and he painted the nursery.

You and Jensen had decided on beige walls, going with a nuteral theme as you were waiting for the birth to find out the gender

You and Jensen had decided on beige walls, going with a nuteral theme as you were waiting for the birth to find out the gender. You and Gen had a girls night last night and she decided to sleep over after. It was nice to relax and hang with your bestie.

Once you woke the next morning, you headed downstairs to see Gen making breakfest."Morning Gen. You didn't need to make breakfast. I could have made some for us. You are my guest after all." You whined playfully as you poured yourself a glass of orange juice. "Of course I did! Gotta feed mama and the baby. I don't give a hoot if I'm the guest." Gen smiles and turns back to the stove which had eggs and bacon cooking on it's top. "God, stupid bladder. I don't think I will ever stop peeing." You huff and get off the stool, leaving a laughing Gen behind. After finishing going to the bathroom, you passed the office and saw a few more things you forgot to hang up in the baby's room. "I've been looking for these!" You pick them up and look at the different pictures. "Wait- why were they in here? Oh, cause Jensen didn't want me to hammer in the wall and hang them up." You contemplated setting them back down and waiting for Jensen because he would get made if they were up and not by him. "Ah, what the hell. I want them up now!" You smiled and moved out of the office.

Passing the kitchen, you hear Gen on the phone. "Probably just Jared checking in." Sliding the bag on your forearm, you started to make your way upstairs. Grabbing the railing and your swollen belly the entire way, you finally reach the top of the stairs and move to the baby's room. It was a few doors down from the master bed room and right across the way from a guest room. Entering the baby's room, you set the bag down and slide out the ladder that was set in the utility closet in the hallway. It was awkward to carry with having your belly. You weren't used to the feeling because Jensen never let you use the ladder anymore with how big you were getting. He always said, "One little sip Babe. That's all it takes for me to lose the two most important people in my life." When ever he said that, you stopped walking up the ladder and usually cried because it made you feel bad.

Stupid hormones.

But, right now, it was only a few pictures and you wouldn't be up on the ladder for long. Getting the ladder back in the room, you open it up and grab a few nail and a hammer from the closet quickly. Moving up the ladder, you begin to bang on the wall and you hear loud thumbs running up the stair.