Prom? -Pete Wentz oneshot

I fastened the buckle on my right shoe and then looked up at myself in the floor length mirror infront of me. As a teenager, one of the most important experiences you’ll have is prom night. Whether you have a date or not or whether your friends will be there or not, it would be a shame if you didn't have a good time.

I was excited when a month ago, a boy in my History class by the name of Pete Wentz asked me to go to prom with him.

It was just another regular Tuesday morning as I trudged throughout the hallways of my dull and grey high school. Obviously school wasn't my favourite place to be, but when history came around, my mood would always change to a more positive one.

I sat down at my desk and shortly after, I saw him walk in. He walked right up to the desk beside mine and sat on top of it, “Hey Y/N. Having a good day?”

“Just another day actually. Nothing extraordinary happening.”

I looked up to see his friend Spencer walk in. He nodded at Pete and walked past us.

I looked at Pete for a second and saw him looking down at his hands, rubbing them together.

“But hey, at least it’s nice outside.”

“I walked past one window in my entire 4 hours here today. I dont even remember what the sun looks like anymore.”

“Why dont you go open the blinds then, Y/N?”

I stood up and began my walk towards the back of the class but Pete’s friend Spencer grabbed the rope, making me stop in my tracks. He pulled down on the rope revealing the windows along with letters taped on the outside of them.

“Y/N…Prom? -Pete”

I turned around to Pete and he was holding a rose in his hand. “So? Prom?”

And thats how we ended up here. I heard him calling me from the bottom of my stairs where he was talking with my parents. I grabbed my long dress making sure I wouldn't step on it, and made my way down the stairs. My mother, father, and Pete all simultaneously “aw’d” as I reached the bottom. Pete gave me my corsage, and after taking a few pictures, we were heading to the prom in the 1965 red Corvette that Pete had rented.

—————

From the food to the music to the way everyone looked, prom was going great. I was dancing with my friends, their dates, and of course with Pete before an impromptu dance battle broke out.

“Y/N! You have to go in!” “Yeah Y/N, show them your moves!”

My friends playfully teased me and tried to throw me into the empty circle. They all sure as hell knew that I was a sucky dancer and I made sure that I wouldn't budge from that spot for anything. 

That is, until I saw my date being pushed into the circle. I panicked for a few seconds as I saw Pete have a nervous look on his face. I was just about to give in and save him from there, before he started dancing. Pete didn't seem like the dancing type, but he was really good. My friends and I started cheering him on, and for being the best dancer in the battle, he won a $50 card for Nike. I knew he would love that seeing as he wore his Nike’s almost every day.

Once the hip hop music ended, slow songs started to play and I ran to Pete giving him a congratulatory hug. He started swaying with me to the song and I melted into his chest. I had known Pete ever since high school had begun and always had sort of a thing for him, but I never had the guts to tell anyone.

“Thanks for asking me to be your date Pete. I dont think I’d have as much fun with anyone else as I am having with you right now.”

“Y/N, I asked you because I’ve had a thing for you for about a year now. You know I’ve always loved hanging out with you and talking with you, but recently I’ve been thinking about it more and more and I knew this was a good chance.”

“I guess we’re in the same boat then.”

He cocked his head to the side and gave me a confusing look.

“Pete, I’m saying that I’ve had a thing for you as well. And I think that this was the perfect chance.”

I leaned closer to him and soon enough, he got the message and leaned in as well. We shared a beautiful kiss and I knew that everything felt right about this. What a great way to end my high school years.