10 | real life

x

x. nights alone

Nancy walked down the busy street illuminated by lamp posts, with her friends by her side. Izzy was teasing Marco, making Sebastian and Nancy laugh their heads off. The cold air ran through Nancy's body and she regretted her outfit. She wore a black dress and a light jacket, and wished she had worn more layers. She folded her arms over her chest to somehow lock in her body heat.

The four of them came up to the end of the street, and stopped.

"Thank you guys so much for coming tonight" Nancy smiled.

"Anytime" Marco said.

"I'll text you guys later" Nancy said, before turning away and walking the other way.

As their friends continued their journey, Nancy headed to her apartment. Her heels tapping quickly against the grey pavement as she was desperate to escape the cold. Nancy always hated the cold, even since she was a kid. She despised winter, and snow or even being slightly cold. She loved to be warm, whether that was soaking in the sun rays during summer or wrapped in multiple layers during winter.

Nancy got into the lift of her apartment, and headed to her floor. The metal door opened to reveal a cream coloured corridor. The brunette girl stepped out and walked to her apartment where she unlocked her door and walked inside.

Nancy's apartment wasn't that great. It was terribly small but was all she could afford. The rooms consisted of her bedroom which had a bathroom and shower, and a living room/kitchen area. The blue painted walls were chipping and the wooden floors always creaked under Nancy's weight.

Nancy shrugged off her jacket and placed it on the coat rack. Before bending down to take off her heels, and leaving them next to the door. She then placed her handbag on the nearest surface.

Barefoot she walked over the hardwood floors, and grabbed the house phone. She dialed a local pizza place and waited for the other line to pick up.

"Welcome to Lorenzo's Pizza Plaza. What would you like to order?" Said a young man.

"Hey, can I order a pepperoni medium pizza" Nancy said, walking into her room.

"Anything else?" The guy said.

"That's all" she replied.

"Address?" The guy asked.

Nancy told the guy her address while rummaging through her draws. Pulling out some pyjamas, the phone call came to an end. She threw the house phone on her bed and then headed to her handbag.

Nancy pulled her mobile out her bag. She then scrolled through her music while walking to the bathroom before choosing to play the recent song on her phone.

The pizza would arrive in 30 minutes so she decided to have a shower beforehand. Nancy placed her clothes on the closed toilet lid and then turned the hot water on. She stripped from her dress and underwear, leaving her disregarded clothes on the floor and entered the shower.

The hot water soaked her body, droplets running down her skin and hair. Nancy grabbed apple scented shampoo and poured the gel on her hand, before rubbing it into her air. The smell of apple diffused into the bathroom, making her smile, while slightly bopping her head to her music.

After she was done in the shower, she turned off the water and grabbed a towel. She dried herself off before putting on her clean clothes. She smiled at her pyjamas which consisted of a pair of grey tracksuit bottoms and a very old winter soldier t-shirt Sebastian had bought her for Christmas.

His exact words were 'Everyone needs to know that you think the winter soldier is the best' when he had given her the t-shirt, in which she responded 'nah, I prefer falcon'. She smiled at the memory, before grabbing her phone.

She had a message from Chris, so she clicked on their chat and headed out of the bathroom she was now leaving in a mess.

AN; Sorry this chapter is a little boring but you get to know more about Nancy.