『 thirty nine: MADE OF STONE/LAURELS 』

『 chapter xxxix: MADE OF STONE/LAURELS

chapter xxxix: MADE OF STONE/LAURELS.

    AS MUCH AS IT DIDN'T SEEM LIKE IT — BECAUSE she was currently munching away on the veggie chips and downing a soda that Esme had brought out to her like she was on cloud nine — Juniper was freaking the fuck out

AS MUCH AS IT DIDN'T SEEM LIKE IT — BECAUSE she was currently munching away on the veggie chips and downing a soda that Esme had brought out to her like she was on cloud nine — Juniper was freaking the fuck out. Even if she looked like some pretty stone statue, unfeeling, sorta stuck. Someone had been there, by there, she means her house. A Nomad, said the Cullen's from the clips of conversation June caught when she decided to pay attention to Edwards micro management and Bella's irritating worry. June had only been scared a handful of times in her life, but that wasn't just because she was a rather professional at horrible things happening to her; the list goes on ... to when she was ten, and her grandma had first told her that she wasn't gonna have a long and happy life, then soon to a year or so ago when James threatened the little bubble of perfection that June had made for herself, and shortly after that when she almost died killing him with her own power. One more time when she thought she had lost Jacob forever after their nasty breakup, pre-knowledge of anything supernatural, and the fear had risen again. And another when Bella had impulsively run off to Italy to save Edward's sorry and suicidal ass.

Other than that, June didn't scare easily. Her death didn't scare her. Leaving everyone she loved didn't scare her. Leaving the one who loved her ... it hurt her, but it didn't scare her. Was that cold of her? Was she already dead inside that such painful things didn't scare her anymore? Was she truly just some stone-carved chess piece the spirits left to move around their wicked game until it was over?

It made her wonder, as she's sitting on the recliner in the Cullen's home, if she should be feeling more? When had June ever had a chance to act her age or be scared or okay? She hadn't been able to act like the sixteen year old she was because normal sixteen year olds didn't have vampires breaking into their homes, they didn't have vampires trying to kill them— period.

"—I didn't recognize his scent." Edward's voice pierced her thoughts.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme wondered aloud.