13- Who is She? I've Seen Her Before..

At the Hua Yang Palace

"Your majesty, Minister Hua wants to see you."

"Let him in."

An old minister enters with happy face to her study.

"Good afternoon Consort."

"What takes my uncle here?" Consort Hua says, uninterested.

"I have a good news!"

"This Consort doesn't feel like hearing any good news" Consort Hua is still in a bad mood.

"Please calm down, Consort."

"Tell me why should I calm down?"

"A disadvantage can be an advantage if we see it from other perspective." Minister Hua smirks.

"This consort can't find any good sign at all."

"I got a news that The emperor asks the Empress to have a cup of tea with him."

"WHAT HOW-"

"But she rejected the offer." Minister Hua quickly says

"There must be something bad happens between them."

"That's right! A tiny slit, and we'll make it into a big gap."

"How? We don't even know their problems."

"Oh my virtuous little Consort. We don't need to know how the fires started, putting gasoline will ALWAYS make it bigger."

"Hmm, so what is your plan?"

"A princess is not strong enough to be your warranty, but a dead one is."

____

The emperor is sitting alone at his study, waiting for Bai Lu to come. They will start making the 'well' and giant box of water very soon. At the mean time, a group of soldiers will stock water for the commoners.

Finally, Bai Lu comes.

"Your majesty, how are you today?"

"Good.. prepare my clothes."

"Zhi."

Bai Lu comes back with a grand clothing. It is gold with dragon embroidered on it.

Seeing the emperor face confused, Bai Lu explains

"Your majesty needs to show his happiness Because of the newborn princess."

"Hmm.."

"Tonight, do your majesty want nucai to call a certain concubine or go find a match in the harem house?"

"Why do I need to do that?" The emperor stops

"Because consort Hua just bear a child, it symbolise gratefulness to the imperial wives."

"This emperor didn't have to to do anything when Tu-er was born." *his second child

"It's because your majesty hadn't have a harem house at that time."

"Our customs are so weird. Bai Lu, I'm not a womaniser." The emperor tries to dodge his obligation.

Bai Lu only smiles, "So, Do your majesty want nubi to call a concubine or-"