t w o

Her silky, black dress glistened in the bright lights as she found her usual table. She ordered her regular meal, then looked up at the stage.

  Surely, there he was again. The same man, with his white shirt and black blazer.

  This time, however, he didn't have a trumpet in his hands. Instead, he had the brass saxophone.

  She watched him with fascination as he played the instrument with great ease and grace. His eyes were closed, lost in the music.

  The other musicians had droopy eyes, and didn't seem as if they were enjoying it. Whereas he was putting his heart, soul, and tears into every note.

  She found herself being sucked into the same world as him, her eyes slowly closing. All of the other instruments were silenced, and all she heard was the sweet, mellow tune of his sax.

  She began to sway slightly from side to side, hugging herself. She felt free and serene.

  As the song came to an end, her eyes fluttered open and she sighed in contentment. She glanced up at the stage, and their eyes locked.

  He gazed at her with curiosity, but she quickly looked away. Embarrassed, she asked for a to-go box before scurrying out of the club.

  His wonder simply grew, and she plagued his mind for the rest of the night.

A/N: so how do you like the characters so far? Another great addition to the 'Pure Love Tales' family, or not?

Thanks for reading!