The Eye of Horus

"You seem oddly chipper today."

Dr. Jones's tone is overtly suspicious and I can't help but take a bit of offense to that. I consider myself to be a generally cheerful and positive person. It's not unusual for me to be in high spirits.

Although, rolling around in the sheets with Harry all night sure did put an extra pep in my step.

Though, I'm definitely not going to share that little bit of information with my judgmental therapist. His murky and obtrusive pink aura is shining more brightly than ever today, while that poor fern by his window is almost so wilted, one touch would bring the leaves crumbling down like dust.

Honestly, if you can't handle the responsibility of taking care of a plant, then you should never buy one.

I adjust my cropped sweater and try to focus on the conversation at hand and not the dying plant, "Well, Halloween is next week so the shop is busier than ever. That makes my Nan very happy, which makes me happy."

I leave out the tiny tidbit that Harry and I have spent nearly every day together since the market last week. The days are spent sweating in the ring and the nights are spent sweating in the sheets.

Our intimacy may be based on an arraignment where we just sleep together, but it has been so long since I've spent this much time with another human being.

I nearly forgot what it felt like not to be alone.

Though, a big reason for my grin does have something to do with the flourishing sales and the looming holiday my ancestors practically worshipped. I can already feel my nerves whirring, my sight becoming more acute, my mum becoming restless as all hollow's eve nears.

However, the slightest mention of anything relatively spooky coming out of my mouth raises red flags for any muggles nearby.

Not that I can blame them, they have just been conditioned to detest anything unique or out of the norm.

Dr. Jones clears his throat uncomfortably and glances at his watch, not even bothering to conceal his sigh of relief when he sees the time, "Well, I'm afraid that's all the time we have... I'll see you next month, Nova. Remember to think long and hard about what the doctor said about your father. I want a concrete decision when we meet next."

He doesn't even wait for me to leave the room before he is already making his way back to his desk. Dread fills my stomach like acid and I instantly regret telling him anything about my father. There is no decision to make, he is perfectly fine where he is.

With a sigh, I make my way out of the room, feeling once again that therapy is pointless.

Or, maybe I just need a new therapist.

But, then I wouldn't get to see the world's best nurse, "Hello, Nurse Baek, how are you?"

Her cheeks split into a grin as she slides the glass barrier between her desk and the waiting room open, "Oh, Nova! How lovely to see you dear, look what I've got!"

She pulls down her white smock and pulls on a gold chain until a stone as bright as the sun dangles in front of her beaming face. I nearly gasp at the sight and a smile of my own tilts up my lips as I bounce up and down gleefully.

Citrine stones radiate power, confidence, and positive energy to any who wields it. The crystal dispels negative energy and clears the mind for more positivity and light.

"I am so proud of you, and so very happy you took my advice," I notice the orange hue that flares around her normally blue aura and nod approvingly, "I'll tell you, it's already working."