Chapter Thirty Four

AN: alright so this chapter if very long and i'm not even sure if it makes any sense tbh. I'm on vacation right now (mexico whooo) and I finally have internet after 3 days of not having any (it was hell lemme tell you) so half of this I wrote in my notes on my phone. but yeah idk i'm sorry it's very long and it's been taking me a long time to finish it. :) thanks for reading!

p.s. i hope you're having a good day! Remember to smile and laugh and be your adorable and perfect self :) never forget that I love you, and that me and 5sos and everyone else in the world want you to be happy and smiley each and everyday :) I really appreciate all the nice comments and votes and tweets I recieve, they make my day! :) love you x -ellena

-

I was surprised to see that this week went by rather quickly. It wasn't full of anything eventful or exciting, it was just kind of the same. The same old thing that even though id filled with fun things during the weekend, I'm getting tired of going to school every morning. Each day drags on so long, and I feel as though I have completely lost interest in it all. Of course I still try to get good grades (with a couple days that I just don't feel like doing my homework), but other than that I would just rather be on summer break already. It's getting rather close, but it's still a pretty decent amount of weeks away.

Ashton's been his usual as well. And when I say usual, I mean the way he's been acting for what seemed like months. I know it's been shorter than that, but the distance and quietness that he always seems to have makes the days feel even longer. Like right now, for example. It's the last period of the week, english honors. I tried to pay attention, but at times I found myself dozing off. And, more importantly, I watched Ashton.

For the whole two hours, he didn't look anywhere but the front of the class or down at a book. He sat so awkwardly, with his head resting on his hand and his eyes shutting and opening slowly. He looked so shy and sleep-deprived, and I was surprised when he didn't look anywhere in my direction the whole class. When the bell finally rang, I watched him as I slowly packed up my stuff. He didn't even move; he just shut his eyes again and sighed. My eyes were distracted by Jessie as she stormed off as usual, and I began to wonder when she's going to stop having this grunge against me. Once she was the first one out of the class room, I got up and watched Ashton again. He stood up, shoved his novel into his backpack, and finally glanced over to me. He shot me a small and warm smile, and slowly walked my way.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi," Ashton replied, taking my hand in his. We exited the classroom, and walked out into the crowded area of the courtyard. I could feel those eyes on me as I usually do, and I couldn't help but look around. People were infact looking at me, and as soon as we made eye contact they smiled. I recognized some of them from the parties I've been going to lately, but at the same time I saw other stares amongst the other peers around Ashton and I. I looked to their eyes, to see they weren't staring at me at all. A lot of people were awkwardly glancing over to Ashton, before whsipering to the others around them. I looked up at Ashton who was walking next to me, but he just stared down at the ground, pushing his big-framed glasses up his nose. I opened my mouth to ask him if he's noticing the stares too, but before any words could leave my mouth my eyes caught hold of Leila and everyone else just about 20 yards behind him.

"Hey I'm gonna go," I stopped and said to him. He stopped too, and stared down at me with semi-wide eyes. I had plans to do something with all of them tonight, I just wasn't sure what it is yet. "Are you going home?"

"Y-yeah," he stuttered. "I'm just gonna..go.."

"Okay," I nodded. "I'll call you later."

"O-oh. Alright." Ashton said sweetly. He looked at me awkwardly, before slightly leaning in. I thought he was going to kiss me, which I would be fine with, but he just backed away after a couple moments. He gave me a small wave, and then slowly turned and shoved his hands in his front pockets. He walked away rather quickly, towards the exit. I shrugged, and walked over to everyone else.