PART 16: | AN OLD frENEMY |

Kol wakes up at the sound of his phone buzzing beside his head. He reached with his free hand towards the nightstand to pick up his phone but trying not to wake up Natali.

- "What do you want Nik?" Kol answered, his voice was raspy.

- "Where have you've been the whole night? I was calling you." Klaus asked him.

- "We were at the rave." Kol simply replied.

- "I see rave is more important to you then the death of your brother." Klaus told him.

- "What?" Kol burst out, and that was able to wake up Natali.

- "What's wrong, love?" Natali asked in a sleepy voice.

- "You heard me right Kol. Finn is dead." Klaus told him.

- "Finn is dead." Kol repeated, so Natali can hear.

- Just the sound of that was able to wake her up completely, "What?" Natali burst out, "Didn't you burned all the white oak stakes, like a week ago?" she asked.

- "Apparently there was one more. Mother was back, she made an indestructible stake and a vampire hunter. He killed Finn and with him dying so did his sire line." Klaus informed them.

- "No." Natali breathed out.

- "I'm afraid yes." Klaus said.

- "And what do you want from us now? Can we finally kill Jeremy?" Kol asked.

- "Damon and Elena are about to go to Denver and you two need to stop them from finding out who were they descended from." Klaus told them.

- "Why? They're your sire line. That means they won't kill you." Natali told him.

- "But when they know that, they will want to kill Rebekah, Elijah and Kol. I can't allow that." Klaus replied.

- Natali sighed as Kol said, "Okay. We will do whatever it takes."

- "Like always. You deal with them, I have a hunter to deal with." Klaus said, adding, "And don't hurt Elena."

- "Sure thing." Natali said bluntly.

- "I'm serious if you hurt her-" Klaus' warning was cut off by Natali, "What? You are going to dagger Kol? That threat doesn't work anymore." She said and Kol ended the call.

Kol has been upset after hearing about his brother's death because, despite their issues, he really did care for Finn in his own way.

- Natali turned her head towards Kol, saying, "Well now you can consider yourself the most protected vampire in the world."

Kol smiled before he leaned closer to her and kissed her lips gently.

When they broke the kiss Natali had her eyes closed for few more seconds and she hears Kol saying, "Now we need to meet with Gilbert again."

- "He said he is playing baseball after school, so tell him you will come to play with him." Natali suggested.

- Kol grinned, "I will." he said as he started tipping a message.

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

Jeremy sends a message to Kol not long after Kol asked him to meet, confirming that he is going to play baseball so the two of them dressed up quickly and headed where Jeremy was.

As they were walking besides baseballs Kol pulled one bat and curled his fingers around it.

- "Just let me beat up Damon, then you can do whatever you want with them." Kol said.