A Message From A Friend

4/15/18

In high school, back in 1992, I had a dear friend that I fell in love with but never told him. My parents divorced and I was forced to move out of state before graduation.  My mom would drive to our old town, about an hour and a half trip, and I would look for my friend. I spotted him at a 7-11 and got out to say hi. I knew something was wrong because he was always smiling, but not today. He went inside and his girlfriend that was with him admitted to me that she and her friends were going to lie to the police against him falsely with accusations of rape. She told me this with a smug grin on her face. I told my friend so he could use the information in court, but he ran. At another trip I made to my old town I saw a different girl from school. I had tried to be their friend several times, but they chose to bully me. She drove up in a new Porsche convertible her father had bought her as a graduation present. We made small talk,  then she told me that she and her friends tried to link me to my friend but I had gotten lucky. I asked what she meant, but she only smiled and drove off while flipping me off. I later figured out they tried to link me to the false crimes they accused my friend of. If my parents hadn't divorced, I would have been arrested for something I didn't do. I have not seen him in 24 years and he is still on the run from the FBI for crimes he didn't commit. I miss him dearly, always worrying if he is okay or even alive. Their accusations break my heart and I often break down crying. I guess I 'm still in love with him. I don't know if it's wishful thinking, but the following dream I had last night gives me hope.

Dream:

I was lucid dreaming. There were no dream images, only audio. I heard a man's voice clearly in my head:

"Hey bud, It's alright, I'm okay."

I woke up and froze, my eyes wide. It was clearly my friend's voice. It was sympathetic and kind.

Dream #2:

My second dream was a bit strange. I dreamed I had something growing in my cheek and kept getting bigger. I was able to pull it out and found out it was a heart. Some guy took it and needed it so I gave it to him. Several copies of him came forward from alternate universes wanting the heart, but I sadly told him I gave it away to another version of him.