Reverse Bartending (Feat. Handsome Stranger)

Jamie arrived around ten PM at night.

"Studying." He groaned and plopped down on the couch, I patted his back.

"How's Impulse?" I inquired, referring to our place of work.

"Oh my god. I forgot." He gasped and staggered to his bedroom, "I have a fucking shift tonight." A few crashes could be heard from behind the door. A moment later he thrust the door open and threw a bundle of clothes at me. "Put those on."

He wore a black dress shirt with matching pants, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. I have to admit, I was impressed, he looked pretty good in it. Jamie pushed me into the bedroom and I quickly slipped into the clothes he had given me. A pair of dark skinny jeans, a belt, and a white, button-down shirt.

--------------------

Jamie sped down the street towards the familiar club that we worked at. I was still wondering why he had brought me along.

"I thought you didn't work on weekdays?" I asked and stared out the window, houses and street lamps a blur.

"I don't, but you weren't here and we didn't have anyone else to fill in your shifts," He answered curtly, I immediately felt awful. I never meant to make his life harder. If anything, Jamie deserved a life of luxury. He was the one who should date a prince or something.

I sighed looked at the clock installed on the radio, it blinked 10:25 PM. We were making pretty good time. He usually worked from 10:30 to around one.

Jamie pulled into the parking lot across from the club and hopped out. He dragged me across the street and made his way in through the back door with his key. Eric, one of our bouncers was leaned against the wall. I walked in and he did a double take.

"Alabaster?" He gasped with wide eyes, it was actually kind of funny to see such a large man so baffled.

"Uh. Yeah, long story," I muttered sheepishly, knowing I'd probably have to repeat this multiple times tonight.

"Dude, we looked everywhere for you," Eric obviously wanted answers but I couldn't just tell him. That was big stuff.

"Not Hell apparently," I shrugged and saw Jamie headed out into the main club area, "uh, gotta go. Bye!" I called and chased after him. That was awkward.

"Listen, I need to get behind the bar, but you should go see the boss." Jamie yelped over the loud music. I nodded as he zoomed off.

--------------------

The music of the club faded to a dull pounding of bass in Mr. Vennoy's office. I had just closed the door when I was wrapped in a giant bear hug.

"Mr. Vennoy, you're- egh- crushing me." I choked out and pat him on the back. Mr. Vennoy was a muscular warlock in his mid-thirties and the manager of the up club. Although, he took part in the unique style of the down club too. I'm pretty certain he and his sub had performed a few times too. I would never have the guts to do that. No matter how confident I acted.

"Alabaster!" He cried and stepped away, his large hands on my shoulders. "Where have you been?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I murmured and avoided his gaze, "right now." He looked puzzled.