Chapter 2- You Feel Me?

To What I Owe You

Chapter 2- You Feel Me?
———————————————

"So what was your next move after hearing your mom telling you, she was sending you away?"

"I did what I had to do, and ended up where she wanted me to be. That's where I met him."

~~~

I kicked my duffle towards the other suitcases near the wall before looking up at Mesha and Drea. Both of them looking at me like they've been told the worst news yet and I feel 'em. Here we are, best friends since pre-k, and now we were gonna be apart longer than we've ever been. A lot of people may say, oh it's just the summer, but it's not just the summer. One thing I've always been cognitive of is time, time is never ending, time is continuous, and time can't be wasted, and things change literally at the drop of a dime or... over time. Three months is a long ass time, and enough time for anything to happen, especially being so far away from everything, and everyone I know.

My mom came from 'round the other side of the stairwell walking slowly towards all of us huddled in front of the door way. She had been the only one not helping me with my bags or around while I figured out what I'd take on this trip. Not that I truly expected her to, she and I hadn't really spoke since three days ago when she told me everything. I guess she was distancing herself scared of what I would say or what I would do, meanwhile I've just been numb. Staying out the way because I truly had no time for anyone else's shit, when I get hit wit' shit out of my control I become selfish. That's something I also know: myself. I'm very aware of myself and how I move and what I like, and don't. So when I became numb I knew it was best to stay out the way because in this selfish state of mind all I think about is me, a solution, and how I'm going to handle my own shit, everything else ain't here nor there for me, including how my mama may have been feeling.

She slowly stepped to me, and then reached out to hug me. Cradling my chin into her shoulder and wrapping her thin arms around me. "Kadeejah, you know I'm sorry, and you know I only want the best for you."

"Mmhm."

"That's all, I've always been here for you, whether you noticed or not, I just want you to be safe and happy."

"I get it." I whispered before we both pulled away.

She gave me a small smile and I gave her one to match before clearing my throat and turning to my girls. They both had tears in their eyes, but weren't letting them spill over. I guess that's why we all clicked so much, we've all always been hard body, always knew we had to walk with a certain style about us, but to be real I accept emotion right now because I got a lot bottled up inside myself.

The two of them stepped to me at the same time, and we all came together for one big hug. Engulfed in their arms and their presence only made the reality of it all more real. This was it, truth be told this could be the last time any of us see one, and other. At any given time anything could happen, and that's life, it is and I get it, but it sucks, especially knowing I won't be right there if anything does happen to them.

"I'm gone miss y'all goofy asses." I finally spoke while we all stayed embraced.

Drea laughed a low laugh before she spoke. "What we gone do without ya girl?"

"Same shit y'all been doing, working, being great and striving for success."

That's when they pulled away. I didn't notice it but a tear had slid down my cheek and Mesha wiped it with her thumb before patting my arm. "Toughen up girl, you'll be back in a couple months. Acting a fool together."