Chapter 3

After Lunch
Y/N's POV

"I wonder where Namjoon went at lunch after I told him to leave.." you say, biting your fingernails as you walk to your locker with Jisu. She shrugs.
"I don't know and I don't care. Also, I won't be here tomorrow. I have a piano competition." Jisu says.
"How exciting!!" You reply sarcastically with a smile, nudging her. Jisu chuckles before pushing you away.
"I swear piano is actually fun. Will you have anyone to hang out with while I'm gone?" Jisu asks.

"Sadly, no." You reply with a snort, "I'm terrible at making friends."

"Doesn't your brother go here?" Jisu asks.
"Hoseok? Yeah, he does, but he's in the dance program. His schedule is set up differently than ours. Plus, majority of his day is spent in the dance studio." You say.
"I guess that means you don't see each other often?" Jisu asks, you nod. "Awh. Well then, just focus on school work tomorrow." Jisu says, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. "I'll be thinking of you, I know you'll do well." you say.
"Thanks, y/n," Jisu smiles at you, you smile back.

"I won't have anyone to cover me when I draw or go on my phone during class." You sigh, jokingly.
"That's all I'm good for, huh?" Jisu says, smiling at you.
"If I get in trouble it's your fault." you say, pretending to be upset.
"Me— what?! You can't just blame that on me! You're the who isn't paying attention..." Jisu starts, you smirk. Her voice fades as she realizes what you're doing.

I knew she'd get fired up.

"You bitch! You know I'm serious about my grades..my reputation has to be 'The A+ Student' until the day I die." Jisu says, you laugh.
"Strict parents?"
"No, I just want to stress over every single exam and have an average of 95% for fun!" Jisu says, every ounce of sarcasm in her voice. You throw your head back laughing then rest it on her shoulder as you continue to walk through the halls..

The next day at school, as expected, Jisu isn't here. You roam the halls alone, carrying only your sketchpad and phone since you forgot your binder at home, keeping your pen rested on your ear.

Namjoon's POV

I walk through the halls by myself, like usual. I see y/n walking in front of me—

Shit.

There's a big red spot on the back of your pants.

She's on her period.

Namjoon quickly turns his head left and right to see if anyone else is around.

I think I'm the only one who's noticed. I have to help, I need to save her from the humiliation, I know too well what it feels like.
What can I do? The fact that I'm a guy won't make this situation any less awkward.

I have to think of a solution. Quick.

What if I took off the sweater that she's wearing and tied it around her waist? The back of her sweater would drape down and cover her butt...

I'd look like such a douchebag.

Y/N will understand. No one else will, but everyone already believes I'm a pervert.. I don't have much to lose.

Namjoon walks up to you and starts sliding the sweater sleeves off of your arms.

"Hey! What are you doing??" You turn around and raise your voice, quickly hugging your now undressed shoulders.

There are marks on her arms.

Y/N's POV

Out of instinct, I started freaking out and yelling at Namjoon, frantically trying to cover myself, a feeling of panic overtaking my emotions.
Namjoon puts a gentle hand on my arm, immediately soothing at the touch.

You stop yelling and freeze.

"You're on your period." Namjoon says close to your ear, "I'm just trying to help, I promise." he whispers.

There's a calming sense in his voice.

Namjoon comes in front of you and kneels down. He looks into your eyes.
"Just trust me, okay?"
You quickly nod, still fairly taken aback.

Namjoon knows that I'm on my period.. meaning there's a red stain on the back of my pants. Fuck.

You analyze his complexion as he gently ties the sweater around your waist.

His skin is perfect, it looks so soft.. and his lips are so plump.

Namjoon looks up at you and smiles.
Not a weird or perverted one.
A comforting one.

He pushes off of his knee and stands up. Leaning down a bit to your eye level, he whispers, his breath still warm when it hits your ear. "Just stick with me the rest of the day, I won't do anything. Trust me when I say I'm not a pervert. Far from it, actually. I know it's a lot to ask but I'll tell you everything, y/n." Namjoon says. You hesitate before agreeing with a nod.

You walk side by side together to class, feeling the eyes of everyone on you with each corner you turn. When your shoulder rubs up against Namjoon's arm, the sound of a camera clicks behind you.

"Don't look back, just keeping walking." Namjoon says. Though it is tempting, you continue walking straight without catching a glance of who took a photo.

You simply keep walking.