Chapter 33 | Tiberius

Tiberius snarled as his entire body trembled with rage to tear her apart.

Alexander nodded, as if reading Tiberius' mind. "She hasn't caused any harm and because she is human, no one has attacked her, though they have tried to deter her and threaten her. If she does cause harm, then we have a right to protect ourselves. Supernatural versus supernatural. That is our way. Brooke is guarding the front of the house and Rhonda the back. Will you come with me?"

Tiberius huffed and nodded yes, barely holding himself back from racing out of the yard to hunt her down himself.

Rhonda locked the front door and the back door before dropping the key in the pool and shifting into her dark brown and black wolf with streaks of gray throughout her fur. Alexander shifted into his wolf as well, a light brown, tan, white, and copper mix with more streaks of gray woven into his thick fur.

Tiberius shook uncontrollably, his nostrils flaring as he tried to keep himself from destroying something as he waited the two minutes for them to lock up and shift.

Catherine was coming for him or Crystal. She better be ready for him because he was not letting her get within an inch of his mate.

Inclining his head in respect to the older male, he shook himself again and snorted. His impatience waning.

The sooner he got to Catherine, the sooner he could sever all ties with her and return to his mate and unite their souls.

Wasting no more time, Alexander jumped from the deck and over the wooden fence around their yard to the front lawn.

Brooke was pacing back and forth, growling and pawing the dirt, looking for a fight.

Tiberius followed Alexander as they raced down the street.

He wanted to sink his teeth into Catherine's jugular and rip her limb from limb. She had come for him, or Crystal, and he wasn't about to let that witch come within a mile of his mate.

He could taste her blood on his tongue. Hear her shrieks ringing in his ears and it only pushed him harder and faster.

Alexander couldn't keep up, but he didn't need his father-in-law to lead him to her. He could hear the barks and snarls of the werewolves ahead as they tried to force the intruder back.

Soon, he could smell her. The stink of the curse lifted and the floral scent of her natural musk caught in the bile blocking his throat.

If she so much as uttered a threat on Crystal's life, she was done. No one threatened his mate and lived to brag about it.

He whirled past a few werewolves running toward the scene, his paws beating against the asphalt of the road.

The road curved and there she was, marching forward to the beating of her own drum, and ignoring the wolves circling around her.

She paused in her tracks when she saw him and whipped out her wand. The tip pointed at him and that was as good a threat on his life as any.

Baring his teeth, he charged only to slam hard against an invisible force field.

Momentarily stunned with the wind knocked out of him, he bounced back and shook himself before snarling at her.

"He's the one I want," Catherine snapped at the werewolves. "Now go away!"

The large wolves ignored her command and continued to snarl and growl as they circled around her.

Catherine narrowed her eyes at Tiberius as he dragged air into his lungs. "Send them away and shift so we can talk."