Isaac; Somebody Else

don't forget to vote and comment!

***

Based on Somebody Else by The 1975

Lydia dragged me along to this party. It's my fault too that I'm here, I didn't fight against it.
I must admit that a small part of me wanted to leave my bedroom and go out for a little fun.
Lydia and I climbed into her car; she took her place in the driver's seat and i took mine on the passenger's side.

She started up the engine. "I hope Timothy isn't angry that I'm stealing you for the night." She joked.
I rolled my eyes, a playful smirk painting itself on my lips. "Of course not. He can't be; I literally spent the last few days with him."
She turned to look at me for a second before paying attention to the road again. "You really like him, don't you?" She smiled.
I could feel my cheeks heating up at her question. "I mean, yeah. He's kind, and funny. I really enjoy his company." I told her truthfully. Lydia nodded her head and didn't say anything else for the rest of the trip to the party.

The party was a lot smaller than what I had expected it to be. I could see a lot familiar faces through the windows and only a few ones that I didn't recognize.

Lydia had disappeared as soon as we entered the house, leaving me all alone. I looked around and spotted her chatting up a few guys from school.

I decided to walk in the opposite direction, making my way towards the kitchen hoping to find a drink.
I entered the kitchen, seeing exactly what I didn't want to see. Who I didn't want to see. I was hoping that he wouldn't be here. It hadn't been long enough; I needed more time before I would have the courage to speak to him again.

His eyes fell upon me as soon as I entered the room. He was leaning against the counter.

"Y/N." He said surprisingly, standing up straight again.

"Isaac." I simply said back, tearing my eyes away from him to search for a drink.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here." I could feel his eyes on me as I walked around the kitchen towards the refrigerator. I didn't say anything.

"I was hoping to though." He added. I stopped. I turned around so that I could face him. My knees almost gave in.

"How come?" I asked him.

"I see you," he ignores my question and takes a few steps in my direction, "have a new boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes. I couldn't believe that he was starting up this conversation.

"Timothy, is it?" He asked. I nodded my head. The thought of Timothy having absolutely no affect on me while being in the presence of Isaac. I almost felt guilty. "How is he?"

"Isaac, stop it. I'm not going to have this conversation with you. Not now. Not ever." I turned to walk away, but Isaac had grabbed my arm, stopping me from leaving.

"I miss you Y/N." He let go of my arm. I couldn't help but scoff at him.
"Oh? You do?" I asked, the sarcasm evident in my voice.
"Don't be like that." Isaac said, annoyed.
"Be like what? You broke up with me, remember?" I reminded him.

Isaac didn't say anything. I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for something to come from his mouth. When nothing did, I spoke up.

"Do you really miss me Isaac?" I asked, feeling curious. "Because you were the one who cut me off. You were the one who ended it all."

He opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off.

"I'm such an idiot." I took a step back, chuckling a little. "Of course you don't miss me. This is about me being with Timothy, isn't it?"

"Y/N-"

"You're only telling me this because I'm with somebody else! Now that you can't have me anymore, you suddenly want me back... I don't even know if you do actually want me back... Do you?"

The room went silent. I was about to say something else, then Isaac's lips parted, so I gave him the chance to speak.

"It's hard for me to see you with him. Hell, it'll be hard for me to see you with anybody else." He ran a hand through his hair.

"So what then? Do you want me back?" I asked, my heart picking up its pace as I awaited the answer.

He didn't say anything. Moments of silence passed, but Isaac didn't say a single word. We just stood there in front of each other, not breaking eye contact.

"This doesn't make any fucking sense Isaac!" My voice cracked. I didn't hesitate to walk past him without another word. He didn't try to stop me. I made my way into the living room and out the front door.

I didn't even realize that I was crying until I felt the warm tears streaming down my cheeks. I wiped them away with my sleeve.
I wanted to hear Isaac calling my name. I wanted him to come after me. I wanted Isaac to tell me that he wanted me again, but he didn't. He didn't want me. He just couldn't stand the thought of me being with anybody else.