IMAGINE: Kili asking you out

You clap along to the lively music, a wide grin on your face. There's a dance going on in the Blue Mountains announcing the arrival of spring. Dwarves wildly swing their partners around, making everyone cheer. You feel eyes on you and look across the room. You see Kili staring at you, a smile on his face. You smile and wave at him. Kili is one of your best friends. You have known him since you were children. You have always had a crush on him.

      He maneuvers his way over to you. "Hey." He breathes, standing next to you.

     "Hi." You smile.

     "Crazy party, huh?"

     "Aren't all of our parties crazy?" You laugh.

     "True." He chuckles. He fidgets. He seems really nervous.

     "Are you okay?" Your eyebrows draw.

     He looks at you and nods. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I'm good." Before you can ask him anything else, he lightly touches your arm. "Would you look to dance?"

       You blink at him. "Sure. I would love to." You reply, a little surprised. Kili's hand slides down your arm softly until he hits your hand. His fingers entwine with yours. For some reason, you blush. It makes you nervous. You give him a weak smile as he walks you out to the other dancers.

Kili and you dance to the music. It's absolutely exhilarating. Kili looks and smiles at you like you're the only person in the room. Maybe his look is the thing that is exhilarating and not so much the dance. You feel short of breath, your heart rapidly beating.

     A few minutes later, when the dance is finished, everyone claps and cheers. You lean against Kili, your hands on his shoulders, laughing. "That was so much fun." You wheeze out.

     "I loved it. Every second." Kili replies. He wraps an arm around your waist and leads you away from the couples. "Can I show you something, Y/N?"

      You look up at him. "Um, okay." You say softly. He takes your hand and pushes through the crowded room. He walks down a empty hallway that ends with a stone door. He grins at you over his shoulder and then goes to the door. He pushes his weight against it and it opens. Moonlight streams through the candlelit hallway. "It's a full moon." He whispers. You both go through the door and stand outside on the Blue Mountains. The moon is shining brightly, sending its beams everywhere.

       "Oh, it's beautiful." You breathe, smiling.

     "Isn't it?" He says, staring at you.

     You glance at him and laugh softly. "I'm talking about the moon, Kili."

     "Oh, yeah, that too." He grins. You roll your eyes despite the blush crawling into your cheeks. You can't tell but you think he's blushing too.

"Y/N, the reason that I brought you out here–away from everyone–is because I wanted to ask you something." Kili states.

      Your stomach drops and you turn to face him. "Yes?" You ask worriedly.

     He takes a deep breath and stares down at you. "I like you. A lot. And, correct me if I'm wrong, you like me too."

     "Yes, I do." You nod.

     He smiles slightly. "Well, I was just wondering if maybe we could start...courting."

      Your breath leaves you in a woosh. "Oh, Kili, you have no idea how long I've wanted you to say those words." You laugh with relief, hugging him.

     "So it's a yes?" He asks tentatively, hugging you back.

     "Yes, it's a yes!" You exclaim.

     Kili laughs and spins you around. "Y/N, you just made me the happiest Dwarf alive."

   "That's not true."

     His smile drops. "It's not?"

      You shake your head, a smile crawling onto your lips. "No, because I'm the happiest Dwarf alive." You say. He laughs and cups your face. He kisses you soundly and then he pulls back quickly. His eyes are wide and your jaw is dropped in surprise.

     "Sorry." He mumbles.

     You step up to him. "I don't know, I could kind of get used to that." You smile before kissing him. He smiles and kisses you back.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!