Chapter 39 - Trust

"Give me one reason to stay here
And I'll turn right back around
Said I don't want leave you lonely
You got to make me change my mind"

Harley's P.O.V.

Ok, as much as I like Alix being all jealous and possessive, now it's just making me kind of uncomfortable.

Sure, Claire is crossing the line with all of the staring, flirty looks and the topless thing, but I gave Alix no reason for her to be mad at me, but guess what? She is.

- "Can you please just stop being mad at me? What did I do?" I whispered so we were the only ones that could hear.

Alix was constantly looking at Claire and rolling her eyes annoyed with everything she did and every time she looked at me she got more mad.

- "You invited her here. This was supposed to be our time Harley! She's been eyeing you for the entire fucking time. I just want her to fuck off and die." Alix responded mad.

I breathed in deeply.

- "I invited Matt, it would be bad to tell her not to come when she was right next to him Alix, and to be honest, I never thought she would come." I responded honestly.

- "I don't fucking care if telling her not to come would be bad. Like I give a shit about what she fucking wants or how bad she would feel. Please..." She responded.

I just didn't want to fight, and much less fight because of Claire.

- "Look Alix, what's done is done. I just don't think she should be the reason we argue once again. I'm here with you, not her. I couldn't care less what she's doing or if she's eyeing me, I don't give two shits about Claire. Do you know what I care about?" I said trying to get through to her.

She looked at me finally and gave me her full attention.

- "You, I care about you. I care about the fact that that ring on your finger and this ring on my finger says we belong to each other and no one else, I care about the fact that for the first time in a long time, we get to be together and sleep together, that I can kiss you whenever, wherever and however I want to but I'm not doing it cause you're mad at me because of someone that means nothing to me and changes nothing of the way I feel about you. That's what I care about." I responded with confidence as I grabbed her hand and looked at both our rings.

She seemed to calm down a lot with my words.

- "I'm not mad at you. I just, I don't trust her Harley." She replied looking at our hands and me with a cute sad face.

- "It's not her you have to trust. It's me. Do you trust me?" I asked looking her in the eye.

She looked at me as well and nodded.

- "I do. But-" She tried to talk but I cut her off.

- "But nothing. My grandma used to say something. Quando um não quer, dois não fazem. That means when one doesn't want to, two won't do it. That's what you have to keep in mind. She can look all she wants, I don't care about her, so she will never get anything from me. You are the only person I want ok? So trust me and stop being mad." I responded and kissed her, making her smile.

I smiled back at her and kissed her hand.

- "I miss your grandma. She had the best stories. I would actually probably believe and do anything she said." She said with a smile.

- "Yeah... I miss her as well." The truth is, I still wasn't over my grandma's death. I know it's been almost 7 months, but there isn't a day I don't miss her. I wished she was still here. I wished she stayed long enough to see me marry Alix and us having kids.