21

Draco was able to heal quickly but that didn't mean time would wait for him. Days passed by and the dark lord starting to get impatient.

Draco swore that he would complete the mission, before end of the school year. It was a frightening task. Taking a life was something he had never done before. And to Dumbledore, someone who was his mentor for 5 years and respected fairly well.

Draco put his head on Hermione's lap while she played with his blond locks. She talk to him about his day or hers or what the 1st year hufflepuff did just a minute ago.

She knew that he was running out of time but she didn't dare to bring it up. She was caught up in thoughts when she heard his soft voice below.

"What am I going to do?" He asked, gazing into her eyes.
"About what?" She asked.
"The dark lord's mission" Draco replied.

Hermione looked up at the sky, thinking.

"I think that you should do what you think it's right" Hermione replied simply.

"I know what's right Hermione but you know what happens if I pick that choice? Death on everyone " He replied. She looked down sadly at him tracing his jaw with her finger.

"Does it look like I have a choice?" He asked a little bitterly. Hermione shook her head unfazed.

"No, it doesn't" Hermione answered honestly. "I think it's obvious what you are going to do"

Draco groaned covering his face.
"Can I tell you a secret Draco?" She asked suddenly. He nodded and awaited for her to talk.

"I'm a spy, for the light" she answered.
"Really?" He asked, making her nod in response.

"That doesn't change anything between us does it?" She asked suddenly, concerned.

"Of course not, I think that you are wonderful" he gazed at her lovingly making her smile.
"Thank you" she smiled and ducked her head to plant a kiss on his lips. "I'm still going to support whatever choice you make Draco" she said causing Draco to nod in acknowledgement.

***
Sry I haven't uploaded in such a long time! Short and sweet chapter! Things are definitely going to pick up from the next chapter