5

it was a weekend meaning saori gets to hang-out with her self-proclaimed "hottie" cousin, and his sharp-tongued savage rabbit best friend. ever since momo dropped her for prettier and more popular girls, they're the only ones she's hung-out with. she doesn't mind being one of the boys. those two are barely men anyway.

"what the hell are we doing shopping?" saori whines out as she gets dragged around the mall by the two idiots.

"because, genius, i'm attending this dumb event my parents are making me go to and i have to look good." doyoung answers, skimming through racks of coats at the men's section.

"dongs, you have hundreds of tuxedo's at home. i don't understand why you have to buy a new one," saori replies as flops herself on one of the benches, watching her friend pick an item of clothing.

yuta's already disappeared over to the GAP section, shopping some clothes for himself.

"eh, they're all mediocre. nothing really screams 'dashing' in my wardrobe." doyoung shrugs.

a pair of tux catches his eye as he makes his way over to find a size for him.

"i'm gonna try this on," doyoung tells her, leaving for the fitting room.

saori shrugs and shoots a quick text to her mother, complaining about his "fashionista" boy friend.

she was playing games on her phone when she hears a familiar voice call out to her.

"saori!"

saori's eyes widen after locking gazes with taeyong who approaches her.

"tae-taeyong! what-" she looks around to see any sign of mr. johnny suh. are they shopping? johnny suh shopping for a tux?!

"hey." taeyong was smiling at her; she can't help but smile back. she finds it quite nice to look at since you barely see it. "oh, um, i'm here with my sister. i'm helpi--well was helping her shop."

"oh." saori hopes she doesn't sound too disappointed. so much for johnny suh in a tux. "i, um-i'm here with dongs--dongs, i mean-doyoung! dongyoung. kim dongyoung. VP."

"oh right, dongyoung! i know him, he's mark senior in the council." taeyong remembers encountering a grumpy looking student when he passed by the student council club room once. he didn't seem friendly.

"you know mark?"

saori knows everybody knows mark. that kid's literally in every club at school; pretty smart kid too. student council, basketball club, tea club, hip hop dance club, saori's not even sure if he joined literature club as well-

"he's my little brother."

"really!?"

"yeah." taeyong laughs at saori's bewildered expression. "we don't look alike, huh?"

"well, yeah." saori says straightforwardly. "sorry, i mean-it's just the face..."

"it's fine we get that a lot." taeyong shrugs.

saori nods and purses her lips to shut herself up. silence passes them until taeyong speaks up, "so doyoung's the one shopping? what for?"

"oh, he has to go this-" saori makes a vague hand-gesture "-this event. some formal event. he says he needs to look dashing."

"he's already handsome though." the way taeyong said it was so serious saori couldn't tell if that was a joke or... she chooses not to comment on it.

"yeah, well, you know society and insecurities-" saori doesn't elaborate on it because doyoung returns, looking like he's found that dashing tux he's been searching for.