20. antidotes

Panic tore through my body as I took a step back from Finn, my eyes wide in shock as he continued convulsing.

Another loud clap of thunder sounded off as Clarke came flying down the ladder, instantly rushing to Finn.

Tears were streaking down Raven's face as she spoke, "He was fine and then—"

Clarke moved her gaze away from Finn to look at Raven, "Get my mother on the radio!" she ordered. Raven stayed frozen in place, her hands were shaking as more and more tears fell.

"Raven, now!" Clarke yelled as she held Finn in place.

Raven snapped out of her trance, moving to the other side of Finn, "It's dead! Interference from the storm." she answered, which caused my heart to plummet.

I moved so I was beside Clarke, my eyes locked on Finn who was still seizing, "What are we going to do?" I asked in a panic.

Clarke's worried eyes looked up to meet mine, signalling she didn't know how to fix this. I let out a shaky breath as large tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Please don't let him die." Raven cried.

Clarke shook her head, a terrified look covered her face, "We just have to wait it out."

I turned away from the table, running a hand through my hair as I walked to the other side of the drop ship trying to empty my head of all the dark thoughts that were running through it.

Clarke's voice caused me to spin around, quickly making my way back to the table, "It's stopping she announced." referring to the convulsions.

Finn's body had stopped jerking around, white foam still seeped from his lips and his eyes remained closed, a sheer layer of sweat covered his entire body.

"Help me turn him on his side." Clarke instructed, grabbing a hold of my brother's arms, ready to pull him towards her. Once again, Raven remained still, her breathing heavy as she stared down at Finn.

Clarke let out a sigh of impatience,"Raven, there's fluid in his lungs he could choke, help me flip him!"

I moved to where Raven was standing, lightly pushing her aside, "I got him."

Clarke and I flipped Finn onto his side as Raven continued to stay frozen in place, her large, teary eyes locked on my brother. 

Clarke reached out, touching Finn's forehead, "God, he's burning up." she announced with a shake of her head.

Raven finally spoke, "Fluid in his lungs, does that mean the knife hit something?"

Clarke's answer came out rushed, "No, this isn't blood it's something else." she paused, wiping away the fluid that fell from Finn's mouth, "I did everything she told me—" she paused once again, a look of realization covering her face, "Wait, I've seen this before. Shortness of breath, fever, seizing...it's poison."

My head shot up when the words left her mouth. How could it be poison? We had sterilized everything and he didn't eat anything the whole time we were looking for Octavia.

Raven mirrored my confusion, "Clarke, you sterilized everything. We watched you do it!"

"And we didn't touch anything unfamiliar while we were out looking for Octavia." I argued. "The minute Finn got stabbed we came right back here. There's nothing we could have been contaminated with!"

Clarke didn't answer, but instead moved towards the table where the instruments we had used to extract the knife were sitting. She looked down at the bloodied knife that had been pulled from my brother's torso. "We didn't sterilize everything." she announced, picking up the knife and moving towards the ladder.