⥈ chapter one: HEAT SIGNATURE ⥈

« chapter i: HEAT SIGNATURE »

Damian sat crouched on the rooftop, glaring at the street below him or rather, glaring down at Tim Drake who was blocking his view of the street

Damian sat crouched on the rooftop, glaring at the street below him or rather, glaring down at Tim Drake who was blocking his view of the street. "Could you move second class Robin, you're blocking my view." Tim flipped Damian off over his shoulder and Damian rolled his eyes. 

"Batman told you that I'm the one in charge of this patrol Robin. Don't make me send you back to the cave."

"He wouldn't approve of you out here alone."

"You and I both know he would." Damian huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. 

"What are we even doing out here. All the action is downtown." Damian said even though he knew perfectly well what was happening downtown. Nightwing and Batman were kicking Penguin's ass, leaving Red Wing Robin and Robin to patrol the rest of the city to make sure everyone else was safe. Or as safe as you could get in Gotham. 

"Batman wanted us to check out this store. They've had a break-in every month, every second Saturday, always at the same time." Damian frowned.

"What does Batman care about a simple break-in?" Tim shrugged.

"I guess that's what we're here to find out." Damian huffed and sat down cross-legged on the roof. Tim glanced back at the younger boy and almost sighed. He didn't want to be stuck with the Bat brat anymore than anyone else but somebody had to keep an eye on the tiny assassin. Tim was actually a little disgruntled as well, though he was trying not to show it. He wanted to be out helping Bruce and Dick take out the Penguin. But with Jason AWOL, Barb at her internship in D.C, and Steph and Cass off duty, the only option for a babysitter was Tim. 

Tim also knew though that if Batman was having them stakeout this particular crummy store in Gotham than it had to be important. With a laborious sigh, Tim crouched a little further behind the wall of the roof as he stared down at the store. They'd been here for two hours or so and nothing had happened. Tim didn't think it was a good idea to beg for trouble though because in Gotham, trouble came in heaps. 

Tim's eyes drifted from the store front for a split second and in that second, out of the corner of his eye, he saw something incredible. A large shimmering circle appeared on the street. Tim stood at attention as it disappeared, reappearing inside the store. "What is it?" Damian called out.