⥈ chapter eleven: THE PHANTOM ⥈

« chapter xi: THE PHANTOM » 

"I was looking for you." Dabria smirked a little and glanced back at Tim. He was standing a couple feet away with his hands in his pockets. Dabria would have asked how he hadn't heard him climb out the fourth story window but... Then again, he's a Batbrat.

"Worried I ran off in the middle of the night?" Dabria asked, looking out across Wayne Manor. She could just make out the twinkling lights of Gotham over the top of the fence. 

"No, I just know you haven't really slept well since Adelaide left." Dabria shrugged as Tim came and sat next to her.

"Honestly I haven't slept well in a really long time." Dabria murmured. Tim pursed his lips and wanted to ask her more but he didn't want to pry. 

"Do you... Wanna talk about it?" Tim asked, expecting Dabria to flip him off or simply say no. Instead she sighed and said,

"Maybe... I don't know." 

"Wow, really?" Dabria laughed. "It's just... I didn't think you liked me that much. I seem to get on your nerves and do shit you don't like."

"I like you just fine." Dabria said softly, not daring to look at him. There was just something about the way Tim looked in the moonlight... Dabria had realized he looked even better at night. 

"Well... What's keeping you up at night?" Dabria smirked a little. "For me it's insomnia and coffee." 

"And Redbull."

"And Redbull mixed with coffee." Dabria hit his arm.

"Shut up you don't actually do that do you?" Tim said nothing and Dabria frowned at him. "You're going to give yourself heart palpitations." Tim shrugged. Dabria rolled her eyes. They were quiet for another moment before Dabria sighed and pulled her knees up to her chest, shoes scraping on the tiled roof. "I've had this reoccurring dream ever since I was fourteen. It started happening around the same time I realized I had... Powers." Dabria felt a shiver run down her spin just thinking about the dream. "I never talked about it with Adelaide because... She's only seven you know? I didn't want to scare her. I didn't want to seem... Afraid of anything. I was supposed to protect her, take care of her."