Chapter 1

"King Shayne Ahagane of the Ahagane Kingdom!"

A large, male voice boomed throughout the castle.

With quick succession, another man scurried out of his chambers and met with the intimidating older one.

The older male had piercing amethyst eyes that seemed to look into one's soul, long, styled, black hair that put raven feathers to shame, and a large build. He wore nothing extravagant, just the simple necessities for the cold weather, a warm brown sweater, loose black pants with flexible fabric, and snow boots, and a simple, long, purple cloak.

The younger one looked to be more in his teens. He had amber eyes, unlike the older male, however he had the same black hair. He wore clothes with a bit more extravagance. A green sweater with darker green designs on it, black pants similar to the older male, and a long green cloak with dark green designs on the edges.

"Yes, Satsuki?" the younger boy, Shayne, replied.

"Father had told me that he was going to replace you with me." There was rage evident in the older male's eyes, the one called Satsuki.

"Then let him," Shayne said easily.

"WHAT!?" Satsuki cried in outrage. "YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAD EARNED THE RIGHT TO BE ON THE THRONE YOURSELF!!! THE CROWN DOESN'T BELONG TO ME, IT BELONGS TO YOU!!! BESIDES, YOU'RE NOT USELESS IF YOU TRY!!!"

"Satsuki, calm down," the nineteen-year-old said soothingly. "I had already agreed. It's all arranged for. And you're right: I could be useful if I tried. That's why I'm going to go on a journey to again prove my worth for the crown. Until then, you rule in my place so that no one else tries to get the crown."

Satsuki grumbled, but he couldn't disobey his king. "I get it. Fine, I'll become king. But once you have finished your journey, you must come back immediately to take back the throne."

Shayne smiled at his older brother. "It'll be alright, Satsuki. I'll be fine, I'm bringing with me my most loyal servant and soldier."

Satsuki curtly nodded at that in approval, knowing there was no stopping his brother when he started.

"Fine, I'll consent to this. But if you dare die on me, then I'll make sure that I kill myself once I have an heir so that I can torture you when I find you."

Shayne laughed nervously, knowing that his older brother would really do that, given the chance.

Satsuki sighed and walked in the direction Shayne had come from.

"I'll help you pack."

Shayne smiled and followed. He couldn't wait to get started on his journey.

*timeskip*

Once all of Shayne's bags had been packed, he and his men were escorted out by Satsuki, who was now (temporarily) king.

"Be safe," he said, and Shayne smiled and nodded in response.

"I will be."

And with that, the king and his men parted the castle to begin their journey.

A/N:

Hi, guys! I'm Vanguard12 (aka Vanguard16 for those who don't know my first account)! I had been inspired to write this story since reading the manga of Yona of the Dawn (I think it was book 10).

Spoiler's alert:

Anyways, I was inspired to write this as Yona and the gang try to help out the poor villages in the Fire Nation, and when the younger prince of that nation finds out that Yona is still alive, he decides to also help with the situation, despite the fact that he was sorta useless and clumsy, but very funny. I liked his character a lot, so he inspired me to create Shayne. Also, the servant is inspired by a soldier the prince had saved when the soldier was sick, and the soldier is based off of another (major) soldier who works under the prince.

Spoiler over.

And also, I got some motivation to write from ErenJager712 , so big shout-out to them! :) I hope that you guys will also enjoy this story!

Just a quick warning, though, I may occationally forget to update or make slow updates. I've been pretty busy recently, so I can't write as much as I would like. I hope you guys understand.

Thanks for any and all support!

-Vanguard12😋