⥈ chapter seven: A BANSHEE ⥈

« chapter vii: A BANSHEE »

Wayne Manor was used to hearing screams echo through its darkened halls, though, the family hadn't heard a girls scream in a while

Wayne Manor was used to hearing screams echo through its darkened halls, though, the family hadn't heard a girls scream in a while. As Ria thrashed awake, her head reeling from a nightmare and her throat slightly sore from the scream that ripped through it, she tried to catch her breath and gain her bearings. She kept forgetting where she was. That she had an actual bed to sleep in. A bathroom she could use whenever she wanted. Simple things like plumping and pillows amazed her. She hadn't know comfort like this in a while.

Adelaide slowly pushed open the door to her sisters room and wordlessly walked towards her bed and climbed in. Ria opened her arms without hesitation and Adelaide sat in her lap and hugged her tightly. Dabria stroked her hair, clinging to the young girl desperately.

Nightmares. Always nightmares. They never stopped.

"What was it about?" Adelaide asked in a small voice.

"Nothing." Dabria choked out. "It was nothing." Adelaide pulled back a little, frowning at her.

"You don't have to keep protecting me you know? I'm not a little kid."

"You're seven years old." Dabria said with a small smile and a half laugh.

"Yeah well... I've done more things than most seven year olds should do." Dabria smiled and smoothed down Adelaide's hair lightly.

"It was just a nightmare." Dabria said. "Sometimes I don't remember them when I wake up. That used to happen to you a lot you know." Adelaide nodded slowly. "It'll pass." Dabria said, taking a deep breath. "It'll pass." Adelaide yawned in Dabria's lap and she smiled at the younger girl. "Go back to bed Addie. I'll be okay."

"I'm not tired." Adelaide said with another yawn. Dabria laughed and the two girls laid down next to each other. Dabria stroked Adelaide's hair and before long, the younger girl was fast asleep. Dabria grit her teeth. She hated lying to Adelaide.

Truth was, she did remember the dream. And what she remembered, she didn't like.

The dream was a reoccurring one. Something that started happening when she hit fourteen and has continued for four long years. It always starts the same.