xxiv. Sweet Like Cinnamon

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

TWENTY-FOUR SWEET LIKE CINNAMON

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       HOLLY ENSURES THAT SHE'S far away from Grimmauld Place on the day of Harry's hearing, leaving the house early in the morning to go and spend the day with Draco, who, like her, wanted to practice Quidditch before they got back to school. And, by the time she returned to Grimmauld Place, a little sweaty and grass stains on her knees and elbows, the twins and Ginny were being told off 'for the hundredth time' about chanting, 'He got off!" So, by the sounds of things, the hearing went smoothly.

       It's the last day of August now. Holly's birthday passes on the twenty-ninth, the day being spent at Pansy's house, and her dad reappearing at Grimmauld Place at dinnertime, where Mrs Weasley made a birthday cake for Holly. Now, there's one day left of the summer holidays, and Holly's trying her best to have everything packed up before she returns to school. The stuff she took from her bedroom at home's been brought back there already, and now, the bedroom in the attic looks a little empty, like half of its soul's been scooped out.

       Holly's packing's interrupted by her owl, Owl, tapping on the window with a letter for her. It was from Pansy, a short but sweet letter saying, I'M THE SLYTHERIN PREFECT!! And, of course, upon reading the news, Holly couldn't help but celebrate for her best friend, gleefully writing a letter back, promising she'll have a homemade card saying congratulations! by the end of the day.

       "I don't believe it! I don't believe it!" says Mrs Weasley. Holly jumps down from the last step onto the landing's carpet, and she frowns. Mrs Weasley looks like she's about to cry with joy. "Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!"

       Oh, Holly gets it now.

       "What are Fred and I, next-door neighbours?" says George.

       Holly holds back laughter. She stands next to Harry, as Mrs Weasley pulls Ron into a hug, almost squeezing the life out of him.

       "Wait until your father hears! Ron, I'm so proud of you, what wonderful news, you could end up Head Boy just like Bill and Percy, it's the first step!" says Mrs Weasley. Holly almost frowns, because it's not the only way to become Head Boy or Head Girl — believe her, Holly's checked. This year's getting on the Quidditch team. Next year's Quidditch captain. Year after's Head Girl. "Oh, what a thing to happen in the middle of all this worry, I'm just thrilled, oh Ronnie—"

       The twins make retching sounds behind Mrs Weasley. Holly smiles.

       "Mum... don't... Mum, get a grip..."

       And this continues, for a couple minutes, in which Mrs Weasley keeps on kissing Ron's face, whilst the twins pretend to vomit because of it. Holly leans against the wall, still standing next to Harry and Hermione, who look like they're not too sure what to do. Holly isn't, if she's being honest. She's used to her dad picking her up and hugging her, but not sloppy kisses.