Chapter 8

"So... where are we exactly headed to?" Jiwon strapped herself in and leaned back on the passenger seat, glancing sideways at Yoongi with brows raised.

After her encounter with Mrs. Min the other day, she had received a message from Yoongi, informing her about the vacation trip. The text being as simple as: My mother prepared a vacation trip for 3 days. I'll pick you up on Thursday, 8AM.

Other than the information on that text, however, she had no clue since Yoongi didn't respond to any of her queries thereafter.

"Myeongdong," Yoongi finally told her, eyes focused in front as the vehicle revved up. "She wanted us to go to Namiseom, but I managed to negotiate with her."

She nodded mindfully and hugged her arms on both sides. The reflection of her house on the wing mirror slowly faded into the horizon, then completely once they took a turn at the corner.

Jiwon recalled the last time she had travelled. The Kims had flown to Chicago two years ago because Mr. Kang's daughter had gotten married, and with her father being really close business partners with the Kangs, her parents just had to be the bride and groom's godparents.

The rest of the events floated in her head vaguely, but Jiwon would never forget the ride to the wedding reception, for it was at that moment when her father gained an interest in his own daughter's marriage.

"Perhaps you should get married soon, too," her father casually said.

And Jiwon could only think that her father was crazy.

She had long grasped that this idea was inevitable, but it crossed her path too early. She had just graduated from university by then, a thousand opportunities open and awaiting her.

And this is what he tells me?

Jiwon slumped her head on the window, brushing the memory away. The come and go of the view outside added weight on her eyelids with each passing second, complemented by the soft rhythms of the atmosphere. It didn't take long until she had fallen asleep.

Roughly an hour later, a knock on her side of the car woke her up, almost in a startling manner that there was a sharp intake of breath as if she had just resurfaced from water.

Languidly, she looked over her shoulder, following the noise of luggage being carried out as her consciousness set in. Then, she tipped her head to the right where she noticed Yoongi just outside the car door.

Jiwon kneaded her fingers on her temple and took off her seat belt. She unlocked the door and was about to push it open when Yoongi had done it himself.

Greeting her now awake self was Min Yoongi scrutinizing her face, head tilted a little causing the strands of his black hair cover a fraction of his eyes.

And she did the same, taking in his figure clad in black leather jacket, a white shirt underneath, and black jeans.

He looked so... casual.

Jiwon wondered how she had not regarded this earlier.

"Are you done studying me?" Yoongi chuckled, amused, snapping Jiwon out of her thoughts and glanced at the bellboy loading the luggage cart with their things.

She smiled wryly, mentally berating him as she climbed down the car.

Inside the elevator, the two of them each backed on opposite ends, the bellboy and his luggage cart doing a spectacular job at creating a barrier between them. But that same distance was soon discarded when they exited the elevator at the same time, and surprisingly, neither reacted. Not even a minuscule of a flinch at the faint touch of their arms.