¶Seven

Should have said this in the last chapter but thank you guys so freaking muchhh for 1k+ reads around the last two chapters!!!*dances shaku shaku* (I can't dance at all in person tho lol)

*********************

It was the second to last period of the day which was an optional class which meant that everyone had to choose between Geography, Economics and Agriculture as an extra credit subject.
Grace and Marcus were offering Economics along with Edwards and Karim.
While Bolade offered Agriculture for some reason, me and Pervert ended up offering Geography together.
I sat down at the back of class wishing that Grace, Marcus or Bolade offered Geography but unfortunately I got stuck with Pervert.
He sat down next to me in class and I ignored him as he took his seat since I couldn't really think of anything I'd actually say to him. He was just someone I could talk to when we were in a group and not when it was just the two of us.
"Are you actually going to ignore me throughout class?" he asked, breaking the silence between us as we both tried to listen to no avail to whatever Ms. Felicia-our geography teacher, was saying.
"I don't know," I said, not looking at him.
He chuckled a little.
"You're funny you know that right?" he said, and I could immediately feel that he was looking at me.
I looked at him and studied his face. At first glance you wouldn't really think Pervert was an eye candy of any sort, but on closer inspection you'd notice that he had a small dimple on his left cheek, with perfect set of white teeth and extremely long lashes. No wonder he's so cocky... He knows he looks good.
"If you keep staring hun the teacher's going to notice," he said, smirking and I immediately hissed and faced front.
And to think that only a few seconds ago I was actually going to give him a chance to become friends with me. Once a perve... Always a perve.
"Why'd you stop?" he asked and I did not need to look to see that he was smiling at me.
I hissed and didn't bother replying him.
He kept quiet and so did I.
Of course it didn't last long because the moment the teacher turned to start writing the scheme on the board he started poking my cheek with his pen.
"Adaeze," he whispered.
I ignored him and started writing.
"Adaezeee," he whispered again.
What is wrong with this boy for God's sake?
I still didn't answer and kept my eyes glued to the board.
"Daeze na answer me," he whined.
What the hell did he just call me?
I turned to face him with a frown on my face, "What did you just call me?!" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.
He grinned widely showing off his perfect teeth.
"I called you Daeze," he said. "Lemme guess, you like it right?" he asked, smiling again.
Did this boy never get tired of smiling?
"No I don't! It's disgusting," I said.
"But you answered to it though, so you definitely like it," he said. I was about to object before he interrupted, "That's what I'll start calling you. You're my Daeze," he said, stressing the word 'my'.
Gross!
"I'm most definitely not yours, you perve," I whisper-yelled.
"Your perve though," he said, looking at me innocently.

I glared at him and was seriously considering whether or not to slap him in the face now.

"Can you two like I don't know, wait till after school, I'm trying to sleep here," said a guy from behind us.
I looked back and saw the other new student, the seriously hot one who I had stared at like a weirdo yesterday.
For God's sake Irene, his name is Ejiro.
I blushed at Ejiro's expression.
Like the boy didn't even bother hiding the fact that he wasn't interested one bit in whatever the teacher was writing about.
"He's the one who's bugging me tell him to shut up," I said, sounding like a baby. Good one Irene... You're really something.
"I deadass don't care about who started what, just like you know....shut up?" he said and bent his head down.
I felt Pervert next to me trying not to laugh at how this Ejiro guy humiliated me just now.
I don't know if there was some kinda rule that stated that all the hot guys had the right to be rude to me today but enough is enough. What the actual hell?!
"Get up," I said angrily to Pervert.

"Excuse me?"

"I said get the hell up!" I yelled, forgetting where I was. Pervert cringes at my tone.

"Is everything all right there?" the teacher said from the front of the class. Once again all eyes were on me, but I genuinely didn't care this time.

"No Ma. But can you please change my seat or can you tell him to get up and find somewhere else to stay?" I asked, making sure to keep my tone polite while emitting anger towards Pervert at the same time.
I don't even get why I'm this angry to be honest.
"There's no need for that, I'm leaving," Pervert said, standing up and packing his books.
Huh what?!
"What do you mean by leaving?" asked the teacher looking like she was slowly getting angry at the whole situation.
"Check a dictionary or something you'll know what I mean," he responded and without wasting time, slung his bag on his shoulder and walked out of class angrily.

The students in he class started murmuring praises to Pervert's words and action. He could totally get suspended for what he just did now!
Well if he does get suspended Irene it's definitely because of you.

The teacher kept shouting at him to come back and he, of course, did not answer her.

Okay that was definitely not how I saw that going down.

Yes... this is just a filler chapter.... But tbh what kind of secondary school book would this be if there wasn't a scene where a student rebels against a teacher and doesn't give a damn?
Little Secret: I've done this once. Lol... Not proud of it tho but in my defence I had a good reason for walking out of class that day while not one but two teachers called me back.
B4 you think I'm some kinda rebel....keep it in mind that I actually ran to the girls' toilet for safety until school ended before going home.

Sha... Vote. And please do comment on what you like and don't like... And what you think of the characters and the story so far....

And have a happy Sunday.