Chapter 22 - The confession

Ashley's POV

I bit my lower lip, closing my eyes shut. Shit! She would understand.

I tried to stand up. Finally, Blaze let me stand up.

When I looked at Patricia, she was looking at me, puzzled. I averted my gaze as I blushed.

"Could you take his jacket off while I take off his shoes?" She asked me. I nodded, biting my lower lip.

Blaze was looking at me without taking his eyes off me for a second with amazement in his eyes. When finally, I managed to take his jacket off, I noticed Patricia was staring at us.

I averted my eyes and placed Blaze's jacket on the couch. When I turned around, Blaze was sleeping. I stared at him. He was so handsome. I missed him.

Patricia pulled a blanket over him

Patricia pulled a blanket over him. "Let's go." Patricia interrupted my thoughts.

I nodded as we walked out. I was biting my lower lip nervously. Did she understand?

"Sorry for his behaviour. He must have thought that you were his ex-girlfriend." She said, but her voice was cold. Before she always talked to me warmly.

No, Ashley. You are exaggerating. Probably, she is angry at Blaze.

"No problem. He is drunk." I muttered.

She nodded as she said. "You should sleep, let's go."

The following morning I woke up feeling nauseated. I rushed to the bathroom, covering my mouth with my hand.

After throwing up, I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I wasn't still feeling good.

I walked out from the bathroom, placing my hand on my stomach. I changed my clothes and went downstairs.

Blaze and his parents were in the living room. After I had arrived, we started to have breakfast.

Blaze was staring at me without taking his eyes off me for a second. I gave him a warning look, but he didn't stop looking at me. I averted my gaze from him.

The smell of the food made me feel sick again. As I couldn't bear the smell of the food anymore, I stood up. "Excuse me. I don't have an appetite. I am going for a walk." I said and left.

I was walking in the garden. Walking in the open air made me feel better.

"Ashley."Blaze called me from behind me.

I turned around as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Yes?"

He was staring at me; his gaze was intense

He was staring at me; his gaze was intense. I bit my lower lip as I warned him. "And stop staring at me while your family are beside us. They will understand."

He gave me a half smile as he walked closer to me. There are few inches between us.

"Do you really think I care? I have already screwed up. More or less, it doesn't matter anymore. You killed me, Ashley. I suffer every time when I see you with James." He admitted as sadness crossed his features.

He gave me a fake smile. "It is really incredible; you are the best and worst person who I have known in my entire life. I love and hate you at the same time." He said, looking into my eyes.

"Blaze..." I didn't know what to say.

He shook his head and left. I was watching his leave. My eyes filled with tears. I sat down on the bench, staring into space, trying to hold my tears back.

"Ashley!" I lifted my head up.

"Jade? What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised as I stood up.

"How do you dare?! You knew that I loved him. Why did you do it to me? Why did you get married to James?" She barked at me.

"Jade..."

"Don't Jade me! You fucking bitch! Wasn't your mysterious boyfriend enough for you? A few weeks before you were crying for him. How quickly did you forget him?! You were always selfish. I hate you. I hate you. But you will regret it. I will make you pay!" She poked his finger into my chest while she yelled at me.

"Stop it, Jade! James doesn't love you. You know it." I said.

She laughed mockingly. "Who knows?! Everything changes quickly. Look, you were madly in love with your boyfriend. But now you are married to someone else."

"Jade..."

"I will make you pay. Don't forget it!" She barked and left without letting me say anything.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I placed my hand on my stomach, inhaling and exhaling.

"It is okay, my baby. Don't be afraid. Mom is with you." I said, rubbing my stomach.

The pain decreased a few seconds later.

Blaze's POV

When I arrived home, it was 2.00 a.m. I was with Mike and Dan in the nightclub. I headed directly to my room. When I walked in, I saw my mother in my room sitting on the couch.

"Mom?" I looked at her, puzzled.

"I was waiting for you. We need to talk." She said in a serious expression.

"Mom, I am really tired. Can we talk tomorrow?" I said, placing my jacket on the bed.

"No. It can not wait. It is important." She said firmly.

I breathed deeply as I sat down on the bed.

"I am all ears." I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"What is going on between Ashley and you?" She asked firmly, looking into my eyes.

I was shocked by her question; she caught me off guard.

"....Ashley?" I cleared my throat. "Nothing, Mom. What can be between us?" I muttered as I stood up and started pacing back and forth nervously.

She sighed. "I saw you in the garden talking today. And how you were looking at her. I will not even mention about last night. I know you very well, Blaze." She said, giving me a knowing look." You can trust me; I am your mother." She added softly.

I breathed deeply, running my fingers through my hair as I admitted. "It is her. My Ashley. I love her, Mom. I am deeply, madly in love with her." I ran my hand through my hair. "I am dying, Mom. I am dying." I hit my chest, trying to hold my tears back.

"Oh my Goodness!" She gasped, covering her mouth with her hand in shock.

I sat beside her, holding my head in my hands.

"My boy!" She said sadly as she hugged me tightly.

"Help me, please!" I muttered as I hugged her back, crying. She stroked my hair while hugging me.