Chapter 23 - Unveiled

Ashley's POV

I woke up late this morning; I felt so tired. After changing my clothes, I went downstairs. I went straight to the kitchen and ate a little. I didn't have an appetite.

Patricia was in the living room. I greeted her as I walked towards her and sat down on the couch.

"Blaze told me about your relationship." She said.

I looked at her with wide eyes. My cheeks blushed.

"I didn't know they were brothers. I swear!" I explained, playing with my fingers nervously.

"I guessed. But I don't understand why you got married to James. You don't love him. When you look at him, your eyes aren't shining like when you look at Blaze. I know Blaze broke your heart. He told me about the bet, but he really loves you." She said, looking into my eyes.

I averted my eyes, looking down. I bit my lower lip nervously. "...I had my reasons, but I didn't lie to James." I said.

"What reasons?"

"I can't tell. Sorry." I mumbled as I stood up, and I left the living room in quick steps.

Blaze's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache in the morning. I fell asleep on the couch in the living room last night. I closed my eyes, still laying on the couch.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I didn't open my eyes, pretending to be sleeping. A few seconds later, my nostrils filled with my favourite scent. It was Ashley.

She sat down on the centre table in front of the couch as she started caressing my hair. I missed her touches. She ran her fingertip on my cheek softly. I was holding myself hard not to hug and kiss her until her lips would swollen.

A few seconds later, she placed a soft kiss on my cheek as she stood up and left silently. I opened my eyes as I sighed.

You love me too. But why?... Why do you make us suffer?

I didn't understand her anymore.

Ashley's POV

I saw Kelly as I walked into the mall. After we had greeted each other, we went towards the shop.

"Look, it will suit you." Kelly said as she extended me a navy blue dress.

"Yes, it is beautiful." I commented as I took the dress.

"Try on. And I will try on this dress." She said, showing me a cream dress and walked towards the fitting room.

I grabbed another dress that I liked and went towards the fitting room. I took my clothes off. Suddenly, the door opened.

"Blaze!" I looked at him, shocked.

After locking the door behind him, he plunged his beautiful eyes into mine and said arrogantly. "You forgot to lock the door, baby."

"...What are you doing here?" I asked nervously, trying to cover my body with my hands as much as possible.

He roamed me from head to toe with salacious eyes.

"Breathtaking." He murmured, looking at me lustfully, biting his lower lip.

I stepped back as he took a step towards me. He smirked as my back pressed against the wall.

"Leave him!" He demanded huskily. I looked at him with wide eyes. "I don't like to share. You are mine." He added firmly, looking into my eyes.

I gulped as he trailed his fingertip along my neck. "....I am not yours. Because of that, you don't share me." I muttered, my voice was barely audible.