t w e n t y - f i v e

Remi waited a minute before hesitantly wading through the waterfall herself and emerging on the other side.

She carefully treaded water beneath her, and the water snakes stayed clear of the churning she was making with her movements.

Remi's eyes widened in shock when she saw Killure being attacked by the water snakes. But instead of looking alarmed, he was simply grabbing them by their necks and tossing them to the other side of the pond, where they would just turn around and rapidly swim back towards him, vengeance clouding their minds.

Water snakes were like piranhas, but far larger and much worse; the scent of blood intoxicated them, made them relentless. They were also extremely territorial, and simply stepping on one of them would invoke the wrath of the entire swarm.

Remi sighed in aggravation. This was the water snake's home, and they were the ones disturbing it. If Killure didn't let up soon, they would be on edge for months to come, and they'd never let anyone in their waters again.

Swimming around where Killure was disinterestedly plucking away water snakes just before their jaws clamped onto his skin, hurling them away from his body, Remi gestured for him to hurry up and get out.

Killure effortlessly leapt into the air. Wings sprouted from his back and begun flapping powerfully, keeping him in the air.

He gracefully flew over to her, and landed silently on the ground. His feet didn't even make a squishy sound against the rock-filled mud he was stepping on.

The water snakes snapped their jaws at them from a few feet away, unable to get any closer in the shallow water, for they were twice as long and half as wide as a full grown man.

Without a care in the world, Killure stepped into the shallow waters, just out of reach from the water snakes, and begun washing the dirt from his feet. After they were free of mud, he flew a few feet into the air towards his shoes, which were still beside the big rock he'd sat on before going in. He slipped them on, and waited for her to get ready.

Remi didn't miss how his eyes greedily took in her soaking wet frame and the way her dress clung around her breasts and waist, dripping water down her legs.

Somewhere deep within her, Remi wished he would explore every inch of her body with his hands and tongue and lips—not just his eyes.

Her eyes widened in horror at what had just gone through her mind, and she quickly shook her head to get her mind out of the gutter.

That was when she noticed a small gash on his left leg where a tooth must have grazed it. Blood trickled out from the wound.

"You're hurt," she commented plainly, coming over to him and gesturing towards his shin.

He glanced down and pursed his lips, as if he'd just noticed that was there. "S'pose I'm a bit rusty."

Remi quickly ran to the shallow waters and scooped up water with her cupped hands. Some of the water snakes had left, but many still glared at her with their beady eyes.

She brought the water over to Killure and knelt down in front of him, splashing it across the gash on his leg, cleaning the wound a little.

He quickly jerked his leg away from her, his lips twisting into a scowl. "I'm fine," he hissed, but she only tightened the grip she had on his ankle.

"Their bite is poisonous, you know. When their saliva mixes with human blood, the result is poison. With a small cut like that, you aren't going to die or anything, but it could make you sick for days if I don't do something," Remi pressed, pulling his leg back to her.