Chapter 19

Not my favorite chapter, but it's time for a Monday update! A little Corey love, and a little Volto mention/reveal because I watched too many crime shows last night so that's where my thought process took me today :) Hope you enjoy this, and some of you may call cliffy even though it's really not that bad..but Happy Reading anyways :)

*Sang*

"But Owen," Luke whines, pouting at his team lead.

"I'm sorry to do this just when you've returned from your candy date, but no one else can do this mission without getting caught or I would not be asking," Owen responds logically, and I can almost see the fight leaving Luke.

This is the reason we had both been redlined, or as Gabriel says we "had our asses electronically fucking fried," and informed our presence was needed at home as soon as humanly possible, bringing an abrupt end to a magical outing.

We'd barely made it through the door before he'd been asked to leave again, all the others had passed us coming through the front door of Axel's place, each leaving for their own duties in whatever is happening. Apparently a case they'd started way back before they'd gone abroad, one that had seemingly gone cold, had been revived after Corey and Victor hi a breakthrough in a hidden coded message. Now every last one of my men are rushing around hunting down a dangerous criminal codename Volto for the white mask he favors when kidnapping victims or putting drugs on the streets.

Luke sighs, bringing me out of my worried thoughts regarding my guys in the same area code as an unpredictable felon.

"Alright, I know this is important or you wouldn't have redlined us, but I want it on record that you cut my Dream time short so there's to be no complaining if I harp on yours in the future." With a smirk, he ignores several grumblings of protest and kisses me soundly before grabbing the mission file from Owen and hightailing it back out the door, swift like the blonde ninja he truly is.

I giggle at his hasty exit, only to laugh harder when I see Owen looking to the ceiling in exasperation. Hearing my humor, he sends me a glare with little heat behind it.

"Love, you wouldn't be laughing at me now would you?" He scolds and I shake my head, trying to look innocent, only to fail when more giggles escape.

"Do my ears deceive me, or are those the giggles of my future wife I hear?" Sean's voice interrupts whatever Owen was about to say, and he joins us in the living room looking as if he was about to leave as well. "It is you! Pookie, do you need the cure?" I choke down the giggles, knowing now is probably not the most appropriate time for my first kiss with Sean, as that's what I'm assuming is his way to silence my giggling. Not that I would really complain if he went ahead and did it anyway, I think slyly before blushing red and internally yelling at myself for such thoughts, not the time, Sang!

Seeing my reddening face, Sean grins evilly and Owen looks thoughtful. "Now, now, Pookie, what has you so red? You wouldn't happen to be having impure thoughts about your favorite doctor would you?" He gasps in mock horror before swooping down to plant a kiss on the corner of my mouth and whispering huskily into my ear. "We'll discuss your treatment later."

Clearing his throat, Sean backs up from my now flaming face with a bright smile before he too walks out the door to do whatever his part of today's craziness might be, leaving me alone with Owen once more.

"I might have to agree with Sean on this one, that blush of yours reveals interesting things, I'll have to explore that at a later date. As for right now I'm afraid I have to leave as well, My Love." I frown at his words, wondering if they really expect me to just sit here twiddling my thumbs while they're chasing after a dangerous man, because right now that's what it looks like; however, I'm holding out hope that they can't possibly be that dumb.