Chapter 15: Unwantedly Found

It's been a week since the offer. Everything has been moving smoothly even there are awkward moments. Kage speaks more often as well as Mariana. The communication and bond between them are flourishing. Kage's favorite part of staying there was her food. He's never enjoyed food as much as he did now.

Mariana is closing up a lunch box. She notices Kage buttoning up his shirt, giving her a view of his chest and torso. Her eyes won't tear away. Legs stopping in front of him, Mariana sets down the lunch box and speaks.

"Why are you dressing formal today?"

"I have an important meeting to attend," Kage voices while smiling lopsided at Mariana. "Do I look okay?"

"Yes. I like it," Mariana assured.

"Won't be back till late today. You don't have to worry about cooking."

"Are you sure? I can save you some. Or even bring it to you. I can make some for others too. I don't mind cooking more."

Kage chuckles at Mariana's rant. "I'm sure."

Mariana tries to fix his hair but Kage pushes her hand away. Shaking his head in amusement, Kage leaves. Mariana watches him drive away. She sits on the couch with nothing to do. It's quite early in the morning. Deciding to be productive, she begins to type away on her laptop.

The day passes by slowly. Mariana works, eats, binges, and lays around. Usually, Mariana would enjoy a day like this. Since Kage has moved in, she has a for more things to do. Not just for him or her but with his family as well. She's been enjoying it.

It's six o'clock when Mariana decide to use her muscles and find food. Mariana is through her options when she hears the house phone ring. Kage decide to install one a few days ago. According to him, having a house phone gives others a second way to contact you if you're phone is not working. Mariana didn't think she needed one either way but didn't protest.

Lift the telephone to her ears, Mariana is greeted with silence. Nervousness waking up within her. She stays silent for a moment. Yet, silence remains.

"Um... Hello?"

"Mariana?" The voices whispers in question.

"Yes... Who's this?" Mariana's leg begins to bounce with anxiety.

"You know who it is," The voice speaks aloud.

Mariana freezes. She starts to tremble. Her breathing coming out in frightened pants. Mariana's eyes well up to the brim with tears.

"W-What d-do you w-want?" She fumbles out.

"You know what I want. I want you back."

"How did you find me?"

"I have my ways. You did pretty well covering up your tracks for this long. Te voy a agarrar."

"Déjame solo! Porqué no puedes dejarme solo!?"

"Porqué te amo. No sabes eso?"

"Déjame solo. No te pertenezco. Nunca quiero verte o escucharte." Mariana chokes out.

"Te veo pronto, amor."

"Por favor! No-" It was too late. The line went flat.

Mariana drops the phone. Her knees buckle under her. Tears stream down her face. After hours of just sitting on the floor, Mariana broke. She couldn't hold back her sobs. All the emotions and flashbacks are consuming her.

"You'll always be mine." He pulls her head back harshly by her hair.

"No!"

"You belong to me! I'll do what I want to you."