*2* The Story Continues *2*

Last Time:

"You're going on a quest?" Bilbo asks cluelessly.

I let out an exasperated sigh, shaking my head. He really is clueless. I look at my now clean sword and put it away, pulling out my other one. I start polishing that one as I watch the others.

"Bilbo, my dear fellow, let us have more light," Gandalf says.

~~

Bilbo nods, turning and lighting a candle. He hands it to Gandalf, who places it on the table. Thorin lays out a map, which catches my attention. I place my sword back inside its sheath, standing up and moving to get a better look.

Quietly, I open another hatch in the wall, placing my weapons polish inside. I see Bilbo's eyes on me again, but I ignore them.

"Far to the East, over ranges and rivers, beyond woodlands and wastelands, lies a single solitary peak," Gandalf starts.

"The Lonely Mountain," Bilbo says, still not fully getting the picture.

"Aye, Oin has read the portents, and the portents say: it's time," Gloin informs us, looking to Bilbo, then me.

I narrow my eyes a little in thought. It's been years since I've seen the portents, so I don't remember much about them.
"Ravens have been seen flying back to the mountain as it was foretold. When the birds of the old return to Erebor, the reign of the beast will end," Oin explains excitedly.

The portents are still fuzzy in my memory, but I know that sounds familiar.

"Uh, what beast?" Bilbo asks with wide eyes.

"Well, that would be a reference to Smaug the terrible," Bofur starts.

Memories of the flames cloud my mind. I remember the screams of the women and children. The blood that stained the streets. And the swords clashing no more than a day later. I stand abruptly, and walk over to Gandalf, whispering in his ear as I pass him, "I'll be in the forest. If you should need me, you know how to find me." The dwarves eyes are on me as I open the door, throwing on my cloak and rushing out.

~No One's POV~ Inside The Burrow~

Thorin speaks loudly, "Why did she leave? Cowardice?"
"A woman on this journey would only slow us down," Dwalin states grumpily.

"Now, now, Ambrosia only stepped out for a moment to get some air. She has heard this story many times over. And, one of her conditions to even showing up was that she may come and go as she wishes," Gandalf informs them. Thorin looks a tad shocked, though increasingly angrier. "Conditions?!" He demands angrily.

"Well, it took quite a lot of time to convince her to come with us-," Gandalf starts, only to be interrupted by a calmer Thorin.

"What are her conditions?"
Gandalf smiles a little, saying, "She has three. One of which you know of, but the others are that she does not have to answer any of your questions and that I do not inform you of her personal life. That is all."
Thorin nods, saying, "Has she signed?"
Gandalf nods, and Thorin turns back to Bofur. "Continue."

~Ambrosia's POV~ After Leaving The Burrow~

I rush off into the forest, feeling the need to find an old friend.
Near moments after entering the forest, I see them; Or rather, I see her. She's a lovely black steed, darker than night, with dark brown spots. She twitches her ears as I approach, her bronze doe eyes jumping in my direction. I push away the last branches, emerging into the clearing.

The moment Nightwing spots me, she whinnies, trotting my way. She's quickly in front of me, sniffing my clothes and roses. Raising a hand, I pat her nose. "You ready for an adventure girl?" I quietly ask her. She neighs loudly, stomping anxiously. "Atta girl. It'll be good to finally travel," I continue, fishing an apple from my cloak and feeding it to her. She eats it gratefully, an shakes her head a little with a huff.