Chapter 27

Natalie's Pov

Sitting in the living room with Gabby and her family I smile. I missed them so much I haven't seen them in a year because they live a good ways away. "Nina how have you been dear? We haven't seen you for quite some time." Her mom Regina says.

"I've been good Regina. I'm still working at the diner but I've recently moved from my apartment".

"Where have you moved?"

"I actually moved in with my boyfriend. Xander Moretti ". She gasps in surprise and shows a look of extreme happiness. "Are you serious? That is wonderful sweetheart, I'm really happy for you. He better take really good care of you or I'll have to have a word with him. When can we meet him? Hopefully soon." Laughing I nod my head.

"Mom, you don't have to get all excited about this. I'm happy for Natalie but this guy could just be using her. He has a different woman every month and he might just end up ruining her life."

"Sounds a bit to me like you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous dad. I'm just concerned. Have any of you read about this guy? I mean it's obvious he can't be trusted, yes he does have a good background but that doesn't change the fact that throws woman out after he finishes his business with them". I try not to let my anger get the best of me but listening to her talk about Xander like this is unacceptable and how can she talk when she knows Kyle has cheated on her in the last before and she's still with him. He probably still does bang girls behind her back and here she is judging Xander and questioning my relationship.

"Come on Nats, you know in the long run this just may not work. You have to realize that for yourself you guys come from completely different worlds and you each just need to stay in your place."

"Ok Gabby. That's enough!" Gabby's Father says angrily.

"No Dad. She needs to know the truth. When he kicks you out of that 50 million dollar mansion you'll be begging to come and stay with me and I don't know if I can accommodate the space. I bet you haven't even told him about your illness have you?." That's it I've had enough.

"You know what Gabby it's amazing how you can stand here and talk about Xander so badly when you know how bad Kyle treats you. He's cheated on you several times in sure and when you chose to stay with him I never said anything to you because it was your decision. I was ok with you being concerned about me yes, but I'm in the relationship with him so I will make my own decisions and live and learn for myself. I know what I'm doing. And you're nothing close to what a true friend would be to me. I would never come here to you because we will never be in communication again. Goodbye Gabby.

"Ok. Well since you know what you're doing I guess you don't need me. You may leave my family's house now."

"Gabby! How could you be so rude to Natalie!" Gabby's Mom says.

"No Regina, it's ok. I think I'll take my leave now." Walking to the door I turn around with my hand on the knob. "I hope everything works out for you and Kyle". I walk out of the house and make a b line for the SUV. Getting inside the car and buckling up I feel tears sting my eyes and soon spill down my cheeks. How can my ex best friend say such things to me, it's like I don't even know who she is anymore. I wish she could just accept my relationship as I have come to accept hers, but I guess the world doesn't work like that. Sometimes no matter how happy we are for others they just can't return the favor. He's nothing like she said he is. He's the kindest person I know, yes he may have his bad days but so does everybody and I wish she would see that. Wiping my my eyes dry I feel my phone buzz and see a text from Xander.

how was the family visit?

I hate to lie to him but this wasn't a big deal and plus her family was happy to see me so that counts for something good.

It was really great actually, we mainly just talked but I enjoyed myself.

Good. I'm glad you got a chance to see them. Now you can come back home to me, I need your body in my arms princess.

Awww my big Adorbable  baby, he mwisses me.

Yes I do beautiful princess so hurry and come back to me.

Ok, I'll be there shortly.

Alright, make sure you have on your seatbelt and that its secure.

"Yes daddy"

"Ohhh baby don't say things like that when you're not here to fix the oncoming problem.

Hehehe sorry. I'll see you soon.

Ok love.

The rest of the car ride I spent asleep, all the events from today blank from my mind.

I wake up to the feeling of strong arms carrying my small body and I look up to see its Xander. I also notice it's almost dark out so that means I've had a pretty long nap. "Hello my beautiful angel, sleep well?" I smile up at him and lean my head further into his chest. "Yes I did."After entering the house he stands me to my feet. I guess I better get dinner started. Making my way to the kitchen I am stopped by a hand. "Where do you think you're going love?".

"To get dinner started". He shakes his head with a smile. "I've already ordered our dinner princess. The pizzas should be here any minute." He takes my hand, leading me to the couch and we are soon wrapped in each other's arms in comfortable silence. I hear the doorbell and tell Xander to relax while I get the pizzas. Opening the door I'm met with a sorta tall guy with blonde hair and green eyes. He looks around 18 or so. "Hey gorgeous. Here are your pizzas and if you don't have anyone to share it with I'm available." He gives me a wink and his eyes travel to my chest. "No I have someone to share it with, my husband actually." He gives me a questioning look. "Oh really hotstuff? And just where is this husband." I immediately feel Xander's arms around my waist and notice a hint of fear in the boy's eyes. "Something wrong here love?"

"Uh-no I was just leaving bye!". We watch as he takes of in a sprint and trips over his own feet on the way to his car. Laughing we close the doors and sit down to enjoy our pizza.

After we ate diner we layed on the hammock surrounded by lights he has in his backyard garden. It's so beautiful I hadn't seen anything like it.

"Xander can I ask you a question?"

"Of course love, you don't need permission". I mentally gather myself together to prepare for his reaction on this and I hope he tells me the truth.

"What happened to Andrew?".