1.1

*

*

"This isn't my fight and I've grown tired of his games." Laurent stood in the Cullen family living room, surrounded by each member of the family. Carlisle stood with him arms crossed, listening intently to Laurent's words. "He has unparalleled senses, I've never seen anything like him in my 300 years. And the woman, Victoria, don't underestimate her."

Eleanor - who was sitting on the couch - had her face buried into her hands. She listened as Carlisle thanked Laurent out the door, lifting her head when he landed beside her on the couch. Carlisle pulled her into his side.

"We're going to do everything to keep you two safe." Carlisle muttered. "He's targeting Bella right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went after you as well."

"So what's the plan now?" El asked, keeping her eyes on the floor. "Do we just wait until he comes to us?"

Carlisle stood, pulling El with him. "We want you and Bella as far away as possible while some of us try and redirect James' trail long enough to take care of him."

"What?" Eleanor asked as the two headed towards the garage. "What do I need to tell my mom? She expects me home at night."

Her mate sighed. "I don't know, Eleanor. I'm sorry I dragged you into this."

"It's not your fault." She told him, turning her head to stare at him. "I put myself in this situation by trying to help Bella. And I don't regret it. I just don't want to worry my family."

He stopped just outside the garage door. "Tell her you're taking Bella to Phoenix. Tell her she had a fight with her dad and she's going to see her mom and that you didn't want her driving by herself."

Eleanor nodded. Bella had told her father and she had a fight with Edward and that she didn't want to be trapped in Forks. It was the best excuse Eleanor had now.

"Carlisle." Edward approached the two when they entered. "I'm going to run Bella south and lead the tracker away from here."

Carlisle shook his head. "No, James knows you won't leave Bella's side. He'll follow you."

Eleanor went to stand beside Bella and offered her a small smile. The brunette smiled back at her friend but Eleanor could see the look of confusion in her eyes.

"Jasper and I can drive them south." Alice stepped forward and looked at the worried vampires. "We'll keep them safe."

Carlisle nodded at Alice before turning to Rosalie and Esme. He held a few articles of clothing in his hands and stuck them out. "I have a few pieces of Bella's and Eleanor's clothes. Put them on, we can throw James off."