F O R T Y - S I X

| finals are over, thank God. How are you all doing this fine Tuesday night? If you don't like the name I chose for the son then feel free to change it to whatever you want. :)|

"Finn if you're gonna kick the soccer ball then please go kick it outside. You're gonna break something in here." I say.

Finn and our nine year old son, Nathan, were kicking the soccer ball inside our house. They love to play soccer and it's cute to see them having fun together, but not in the house.

"Mom, dad is careful," says Nathan.

"I dunno.. " I raise my eyebrows, "Finn, please."

"Come on babe, I'm not gonna break anything." He assures.

"Nathan, can you and Daddy please go play soccer outside," I ask.

"It's hot outside." He frowns.

All of a sudden there's a loud sound of glass being shattered. I freeze in my spot, "Finn.. I swear to God," I say through gritted teeth.

"Shit." He whispers.

I slowly turn around towards Finn with my eyes closed. I have a very beautiful and EXPENSIVE lavender vase around where the sound came from.

"I. Am. So. Sorry.." Finn says slowly.

I open my eyes and look down to see the light purple shards of glass all over the ground.

"Finn fucking Wolfhard."

"Uh oh..." Says Nathan.

"I AM SO SORRY I REALLY DIDNT MEAN TO HIT THE VASE I WILL BUY YOU A MILLION OTHER VASES IF YOU WANT ME TOO I AM SO SORRY." Finn rambles.

"This is why we can't have nice things," I mumble, walking over to the broom and dust pan.

I harshly hand him the cleaning items and give him the death stare, "clean it."

"Why are you being so calm.." he asks.

"Clean!"

-

I sit in the living room watching Mickey Mouse with Nathan until Finn came in.

"Love?"

"Yes?"

"I'm so sorry."

"Finn, first of all: you owe me a new vase and second of all: when I ask you to play soccer outside PLAY THE DAMN GAME OUTSIDE." I shout.

"Daddy, this is w-why we can't h-have nice things." Repeats Nathan.

"Yes you tell him Nathan." I hug him.

-

Finn left about an hour ago to go buy us cupcakes per request of Nathan. It doesn't take that long to go to the store, which is right across from where we live, to buy cupcakes, so I decide to call him.

I open up his contact and hit call, but when it rings I hear the sound of keys jingling. I end the call and walk to the door.

It opens and Finn walks in struggling to hold up three lavender bases with red roses inside them.

"Finn?" I gasp.

"Y/n, I am so sorry about the vase. You know I'm sorry and even though it's just a vase I know how much you loved it and I broke it. BUT I bought you three other ones." He smiles.

"Oh my god Finn!" A huge smile grows on my face as I grab two of the vases and set them on the dining room table, "I love them, thank you." I say kissing him.

"You're not mad at me anymore are you?" He asks.

"Oh Finn, yes, I am still very mad at you." I laugh.

"Dad! Did you buy the vases to break them again?" Laughs Nathan.

"No!" Laughs Finn.

"Haha daddy got in trouble!" Teases Nathan.

"Oh, come here!" Finn laughs.

They begin to run around the house, chasing after eachother.

"Please don't break anything else!" I shout, but as soon as the words left my mouth there is another sound of shattering glass followed by Finn shouting.

"Fuck!"