Chapter Twenty- Eight: Swimming in Belgium

“Do you have some peanuts?” Thomas asked the flight attendant, as we were getting ready for lift off.

“Yes we do, would you like some?” The flight attendant asked, Thomas.

He nodded his head in reply, the flight attendant walked away most probably getting the peanuts Thomas had just asked for. “Why do you want peanuts? Last time I checked you hated them,” I asked Thomas closing the magazine I had in my hand and giving him my full attention.

“Well, what was I supposed to order?” He asked, buckling himself in.

“Anything, else.” I said, in a duh tone.

He shrugged, “It’s too late now. She already went to get my peanuts.”

I rolled my eyes, looking back at the magazine I was reading. But I wasn’t really reading it, or even looking at the pictures. Instead my mind was somewhere else, and if your guess is Gavin, then you are right. After the whole situation, at the lunch table. The next day Gavin showed up to Drama class, so did Sarah. We taught her the dance, and actually got the whole thing completed. I just kind of wished that I was the one doing the dance with Gavin, not Sarah.

“First stop, Belgium!” I heard someone announce, I looked up and saw Ben and his parents coming aboard the plane. “Hello, Alice, Thomas.” Ben’s father said to us.

“Hello,” Thomas said. It looked like the flight attendant had already returned with Thomas’ peanuts because he was already stuffing a bunch into his mouth.

“Hey, Alice.” Ben said coming and seating next to me, “You don’t mind if I sit, here do you?” He said directing his attention to the empty seat next to me.

I shook my head, “No it’s fine. But, if you do start chewing and eating like Thomas is at the moment.” I said looking at my younger brother in disgust. “I might just have to ask you to sit elsewhere…”

Ben let out a chuckle, “Trust me. I won’t.” He said looking at Thomas, crinkling his nose, most probably in disgust. “I thought he hated peanuts.” Ben said to me.

“Trust me, I did too.”

“Attention passengers, we will be taking off in the next two minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride.” Said a lady over the announcement, it was most probably the same lady who gave Thomas his peanuts.

“Here,” Ben said handing me over a piece of gum.

“Is this your way of telling me my breath stinks?” I said in a joking mater.

Ben, laughed but shook his head. “I thought you might want it for the lift off.”

I shook my head, denying the piece of gum. “No, thanks. I’ve been on a plane many times I am use to it by now.”

Ben shrugged, “Suit yourself.” He then popped the piece of gum in his mouth, taking out his headphones and placing them over his ear.

I shortly did the same, I was in no mood for talking or hearing Thomas’ voice for the next eight hours, soon the sound of John Legends’ All of me, blasted through my ears, sending me into true bliss.

*

“Can I wake her?” I heard a voice ring through my ears.

“It depends on your definition of wake her.” I heard a second voice say.

I snuggled into my seat trying to block the sound of the two voices speaking. Like can’t they see that someone is trying to sleep?

“Well can one of you just wake her up, already? We will be landing in the next five minutes and Thomas you have to be seated in your seat.” I heard a new voice say, it sounded feminine it was most probably my mother.