73| the police interview

Asanda | Interviewer

⚠Trigger warning⚠
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Asanda. I need you to tell me everything right from the start so that a case can be built against the accused"

"O-Okay...phew--"

"Ready when you are"

"Jamie and I met about three years ago at a soccer match that my best friend Carly had dragged me into. It was an instant connection and we went out on a few dates before he asked me to be his girlfriend..."

"Take your time Asanda"

"We- We... sorry... He was nice at first before he seemed to change before my eyes... He became possessive and controlling, he forbid me from talking to any male besides him and we constantly argued about that. One day I was talking to one of my friends about school stuff and he..."

"He got so pissed at me... that he hit me. I thought it was my fault so I didn't tell anyone about it, but then-- I'm so sorry"

"That's alright Asanda. Would you like some water?"

"Yes please... thank you ... it started being a frequent thing, we would argue about the smallest stuff and he would beat me up for it. It had gotten so bad that my parents and best friend found out about it and immediately ordered me to file a case against him but-- but I was too much of a wimp to do so, afraid of what he would do to me..."

"What did you do next then?"

"I filed for a restraining order instead and he was not happy about it but backed off, but for three years I lived through fear and unhappiness, knowing that he could come at any moment. I recently found something that made me happy and Carly decided that I must let go of the past and forgive Jamie so she called him and made try to apologize about everything"

"Was she on the same side as Jamie?"

"Not at all. She was trying to do it for my sake, for my happiness but it didn't go as planned because I didn't accept his apology and he got mad and hit me again before storming off...and then I called him. I really don't know what I was thinking when I called him. I was a bit desperate to talk to sonebody since my parents were traveling and Carly was busy with school so I had no one. Plus, I was kind of worried about the guy I was falling for."

"I'm so ashamed. I don't what was I thinking when I did that. He came over to my house and mentioned that it was all my fault and beat me up and then did the same thing he did three years ago, only it was more crazy"

"Did he ever do anything else either than assaulting you?"

"He...molested me...once or ...twice at my home and wouldn't stop touching me, no matter how many times I scream or beg for him to stop. "

"Is that all Asanda? Nothing else to add?"

"No nothing"

"Okay, we will inform you of your trial and case number. Thank you for your statement, we will definitely make behind the bars his new refuge"

"Thank you"

Out in the open

Out in the open.

That is Asanda's past and present right now. What do you think about it? Did you expect it or nah?

 What do you think about it? Did you expect it or nah?

Written: 16 April 2018
Published: 14 May 2020

---568 Words---