13

EDITED

13

Jaycee's POV-

I walked inside my dorm room and spotted a burger that had macaroni and ketchup inside of it. Talk about nasty.

"What the hell are you eating, Claire?" I asked.

"Josh dared me." She replied after a few moments. I shrugged, but pointed my finger toward my mouth in a puking manor.

"How was your weekend?" She asked.

"Good. Caleb Jenkins? Yeah his s-" I cut myself off. "His girlfriend is so sweet." I chuckled nervously. I don't think she caught my near mistake of almost saying son. That was a close one.

"Did you and Jackson have to share a bed?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes."

"I don't like him, Jace. Being completely honest here."

"Yeah, well I do." I muttered. "You don't even know him."

"I know him better than you."

"You know what the rest of your old town knows. Want to know the truth? You don't even know the half of it."

"Whatever, Jaycee."

I sighed. This was pointless to fight about with her. "How was your weekend?"

"Great." She replied, going back to eating her food. Great, now she's pissed. I cannot handle this girls constant mood swings.

"Caleb's girlfriend, Alesha, she says she knew you in high school."

"Alesha Lindon? Yea, I knew her." She replied coolly.

"She also said that you and Josh were a thing back then too."

"We've always been friends with benefits. Nothing more, nothing less, Jace." She gave me a small smile. I sighed, but threw my hands up in the air in surrender.

"I'm gonna go to the showers. Night, Clairey."

"Night Jace."

No matter how much we fight she'll always be the best friend I could ask for.

The next morning I was giddy to see Jack. Even though I had spent my entire weekend with Jack, I was excited to see him.

I got ready for my 10am class. I didn't have it with Jackson, but I knew he had an 8am class in the same room I'd be going to, so we'd cross paths.

I got to my class, but Jackson wasn't there. Huh. Maybe I missed him. Therefore, I shrugged it off and focused in on the lesson for today.

I hate history class so much. Of course im good at it, but this stuff doesn't interest me. They're dead and I never really saw the reasoning behind learning it so in depth.

I texted Jackson in the middle of the lesson when the professor had his back to the small class.

Me: hey do you want to meet up for lunch?

Then I turned my phone off, deciding I would just check it at the end of class.

As the professor finished up the lesson, I took my phone and turned it on. While it was powering up, I set it on my desk and began packing up my books that I used today.

When my phone was on, I was kind of bummed to find there were only two text messages from Claire.

Had I done something to make him mad at me?

I sighed and opened the messages from Claire.

Claire: hey
Claire: wanna go to lunch . j me & you?
Me: sure. meet at campus?
Claire: kk<3