Chapter 30

Sam's P.O.V

I walked into the room and Shawn decided it would be a better idea if he left the room. I think it's a better idea because the less people seeing her break down, the better.

"Hey bug, it's Sammy." I said in a calm and very casual voice.

"What do you want?" She croaked.

"Well I just want a hug, nothing much."

"Okay, you can come in." She's gullible, but it helps the situation. I hear the door click and I step in. She's sitting back against the sink cabinets and knees to her chest just like that day.

"Hey bug, why are you crying?" I sit on the cold hotel ground next to her and pull her close.

"Nothing, it's nobody's business." She said trying to shake me off.

"Well I love you, so I have to make sure you're okay. No matter whether you want me to know or not, i will find away."

"Just go away, I have to stay in here."

"Why? Why would you wanna sit in this bathroom all and by yourself?"

"Because Shawn can't see me like this."

"Like what?"

"Without makeup and my hair. I look horrible."

"Bug, you always look pretty. Stop worrying about everything."

"I can't help it. I don't want him to stop liking me, I like him a lot."

"Look at me, he isn't going to care."

"I can't, I can't." Another round of tears shot out of her eyes. I picked my phone out of my pocket and texted Jack to bring her makeup bag in here.

"Do you want your makeup?"

"No, I can't lose this bet."

"No, it was only supposed to be for fun. I don't want you crying, so you take your make up and do what you want to do." I rubbed her back as she sobbed a little more. The door cracked open and Jack handed me the bag before walking out again.

"Bug, here."

"Thank you."

"No problemo."

"You can go now." She stood up and placed the bag on the counter.

"Quick to get rid of me aren't you?" She gives me a 'don't try to make me laugh' look.

"I'll be in my room okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be out in five minutes. Can you tell Shawn I'll meet him downstairs to sing."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, tell him and Mahogany." I nod and walk out. I go to Mahogany's door and open it.

"Hey, Sammy had a little breakdown a few minutes ago. She said she will be down in a little ."

"Is she okay? I went downstairs before and I didn't she either her or Shawn."

"Yeah, she was just feeling self conscious without makeup. I gave her it because I can't see her cry."

"Oh, I get it. I'll tell Shawn she'll me down too."

"Thank you." I walked out and went to my room while she went to the elevator.

Samantha's P.O.V

I splashed my face with water trying to get the red away. I put on my makeup a few minutes later letting the red in my eyes go away as well. Once I am done I walk over to my shoes and take out my white converse. I put them on and walk downstairs. When I get to the doors I close my eyes and take a big deep breathe. I open the door and Shawn and Mahogany are by her computer and talking.

"Look who finally got here!" Mahogany ran up to me.

"Yeah."

"Ok, so did you decide yet?"

"Human by Christina Perri."

"Ok so are you going to play guitar, piano, or should I get the music and stuff."

"I'll play piano."

"Sounds good, the piano is over there so go and practice with Shawn." At the mention of his name I realized he hasn't spoken since I walked in.

"Can I talk to Shawn in private for a minute please?" I asked Mahogany and she nodded and left to the back area.

"Shawn, I-I really wasn't okay before and it doesn't matter because I was mean to you and I feel awful. You were just trying to help me and I don't want a repeat of last time where we don't talk for hours."

"Sammy, take a deep breathe. I was just worried because I could hear you crying and you wouldn't come out. I'm not made, I'm just worried." I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him close to me, not wanting to let go.

"Why were you crying though?"

"I made the bet with Sam about no makeup or hair and I thought you would think I'm ugly and not like me anymore. My brilliant mind thought I should lock myself in the bathroom so you wouldn't have to see me."

"Really babe? You thought I would think you're ugly. I asked you to be my girlfriend because of your personality and your weirdness as I already told you, not your looks. Of course I believe you are pretty, but that's not what matters to me."

"Thank you, for not thinking I'm weird or hating me."

"I can't hate you, even if I tried. How about we start the song?"

"Can I try to sing it alone?"

"Yes! People should hear you."

"Okay I'm gonna go over to the piano." I stand up and sit in front of the black keyboard. I play through the whole song without singing and look up.

"Was the piano good?"

"Yeah, now just sing and we'll be good." I nod at Mahogany who came back into the room after I started playing. I start to play again and I start to sing into the microphone they have hanging over the piano for me.

"Cause I'm only human." I sing the last line and stand up.

"We good?"

"Perfect, you sure about the song?" She asks.

"Yeah, I think it's ok. It was either this or some other slow guitar song."

"Well it sounded perfect." Shawn picks me up and spins me around.

"You can't pick me up remember. I can't lose another bet. I already lost one, and the other two are bigger than the other one."

"Fine." He places me down and I remember I need to get ready for the actual event and it's starts in an hour. I need to look better than usual too, so I'm gonna take a while.

"Guys I have to run and get ready, so I'm gonna go." I lean up and kiss Shawn before running down the stairs of the makeshift stage and to the door. I run across the lobby and I go to take the elevator, but there is a mass of people and I am the top floor. I open the door to the stairs and start running up them, but I quickly realize it's a dumb idea since I have eleven flights to climb. I keep running and I get to my floor quicker than I ever thought I could. I'm impressed.

I take a breather and places my hands on my hips as I walk toward my door.

"You ok?" I turn to see Jack.

"Yes, but it's a better idea to wait for there to be a not crowded elevator than to run up eleven flights of stairs."

"You ran that much?"

"Yeah but it's a big mistake. I got to go get changed. I'll meet you guys downstairs." I walk into my room and I go over to my dresser. I take out a more put together look considering I will actually be singing today. I grab a pair of tan combat boots, a pair of black high waisted shorts with a thin belt that matches the shoes, and a white cable knit, thin, airy type sweater. I change into it and walk back to the bathroom. I use my crimping iron and I make my hair have loose waves. I put on a little more mascara and I put on a light eyeshadow before walking out with a water bottle in one hand.