Part 6

Nicole

"Ok so I know it's not your birthday for another couple of weeks but since we are officially finished our exams and all, I can't hold it in any longer" Kim squealed as she handed me over a pink envelope.

"Kim you didn't have to" I sighed.

Kim was the best for buying presents. For my 12th birthday she bought me tickets to see Rihanna. That girl couldn't sing for shit live but fuck me I was in awe of her costumes that night.

"Don't be silly. You are only 18 once and we are going to celebrate in style" she replied giving me a wink.

I gave her a warm smile. I hope she didn't go overboard. For her 18th a couple of months ago I gave her perfume, a handbag and a voucher for the local shopping centre. I knew she loved it all but it wasn't very thoughtful. I was broke back then not work many shift with my pre exams.

I opened the card that read a happy birthday to me. It was full of pictures of me and Kim. Pictures of us as goofy kids and drunken photos of us. I loved this bitch so much. There was a folded piece of paper in the card. I frowned looking over at my red headed friend who just gave me an encouraging smile.

Scanning the sheet of paper. My heart sank as I seen the flights book for the weekend of my birthday. Destination: London Heathrow. I tried my hardest to keep a wide smile on my face while my stomach churned. Sure London was a big city but who was I kidding. There was no doubt Kim would want to see Lily. That girl who basically called me a tease or more like the town slut because that's what Shane suggested I was every time I was near him. Prick.

"Do you like it" Kim asked and I nodded.

Kim had gone to so much trouble for me. She wanted this to be special for me and I was being selfish. I stepped forward and took her in my arms.

"I love it..thank you so much" I mumbled into her flamed coloured locks.

It was a girls weekend. My 18th birthday and I was sure as hell going to celebrate with my best friend. I just had to ignore the minor baggage of Lily potentially being there.

I felt angry for the first couple of days after my whole "incident" I like to call it with Lily. Yes an incident. I would call it a mistake but as much as I wanted to. I fucking enjoyed it too much. Sleeping with Shane yeh maybe now thinking back on it, he was a mistake. If I could take back that night with him. I would in a heart beat. Lily. Well as bad as it sounds and as much of a bitch she is. She was different. No I'm not falling in love. Jesus. I mean. She knew how to kiss. How to touch me. Maybe women in general knew this. Maybe I have been barking up the wrong tree all along.

My final exams came around and I pushed Lily to the back of my mind. Honestly I wasn't brainy. I wasn't really University material. I didn't know what I wanted for dinner, never mind knowing what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I just wanted out of my house. I couldn't bare being around my mother any longer than I had to. I don't know how my father has for all these years.

Now that my exams were over and I had two weeks to ponder on London. I was starting to feel anxious again. I didn't want to bombard Kim too many questions before she would get too suspicious. She told me it was all set up and not too worry about anything. I was worrying now though. I was worrying what was going to happen when I saw Lily again. I couldn't tell Kim how fucking pissed I am because she didn't know. I couldn't tell anyone. I was going to blow. I hated secrets. Here's to hoping for a smooth birthday weekend away...doubtful.

**

Lily

I started with A in my contact list as soon as I got back to London after my birthday weekend and worked my way down through the girls. Nada. They done nothing for me. It's been two weeks and I have officially given up when I reached D.