Chapter 28

Xander's Pov

"What happened to Andrew?" . In that instant I knew I had to tell her the truth. I just hope she understands.

"Well angel, I had my men take him to a warehouse I own and he's going to stay there until I find out what really wants. When I had a small talk with him today he kept saying he wants you and that sure as hell will not happen even if I have to kill him. I don't want to take his life but I will in order to keep you safe princess. But I came to know he's also a gang leader so this might get very bloody but no matter what he's not going to lay a finger on you. I hope you can understand why I did what I did love. Don't be upset or fear me." She gently grabs my hand in hers and locks our finger together.

"No Xander. I'm not upset with you nor do I fear you. I've known ever since I first met you that you wouldn't hurt me. You had a warmth in your eyes, so gentle and caring. Yes it does freak me out a little that you can and probably have killed before but I know you. The real you. You are not a monster nor cruel or heartless. You may not be perfect to others but I know you are to me. You're everything to me. And even though this whole ordeal is going to take a moment to get use to I still love you no matter what. I'll never stop. But please promise me one thing and don't think evil of me for this." I rest a hand on her cheek.

"Promise me if Andrew ever and I mean ever agrees to leave me alone and for good. You'll set him free. I know he doesn't deserve it but I could never wish captivity for an eternity on anyone. Please Xander." I take a minute to think. I don't know how I could do that when I know he's a gang leader and his men are for sure looking for him right now. And even if I ever did let him go who's not to say that bastard would plan something else and I really can't take that chance. If I did let him go bed have to promise to leave the country and never come back.

"Only if he agrees to leave the country. I couldn't risk him planning something else."

"Ok. I understand." She kisses my nose and giggles. My princess is so adorable. "Angel I have something to ask you. There's a Ball I must Attend two days from now for my company's new program and since I need you with me will you be my date?"

"Xander you don't have to ask. I'd be honored to be your date. I'm sure I have tons of beautiful dresses in that gorgeous wardrobe you've gifted me. I have to kind of admit though I am nervous. I've never walked in heels before and I've never ever worn a fancy dress except for on our first date out to dinner. If I don't fit in just remember I don't mean to embarrass you I'm just not use to attended Galas or dinner parties or even Balls. This will definitely be a first for me so I must try to act as normal as possible."

"Love I don't want you to be anyone but yourself. I want you to always be yourself no matter who we're around. And if they don't accept you then I will deal with them personally. Don't worry angel, you will fit in perfectly." Leaning in I give her a long and passionate kiss on her lips. Pulling away she shows me that beautiful smile I love. "Princess let's go up to bed. It's a bit too chilly for us to spend the night out here."

Getting off the hammock I bend down to scoop her up into my arms and make our way back to our room. Soon we are comfortable in our nightwear, in our bed with me spooning her from behind. Even close together like this I'm still a giant compared to her. "Tomorrow we are going to shop for the perfect dress for you angel."

"Xander I'm perfectly happy with what I have here. I don't think it's really necessary." She has no idea how much I want to spend on her. "Love of course it's necessary. You're already the most beautiful woman I've ever seen but I want to show you world. They may never see you like I do but they'll know I'm blessed to have you." I kiss her neck and pull her to me closer. "Let's get some sleep princess." We ended up falling asleep pretty fast and soon enough I was dreaming about my brown skin and dark haired beauty.

Natalie's Pov

Hearing the sound of birds chirping, my eyes flutter open and as I try to stretch I notice I'm caged in by Xander's muscular arms. It amazing me how I'm almost the size of it. I tap his arms lightly to get him to let loose. "Xander, I need to go to the rest room". He groans and holds me tighter. "Come on my big baby. Wakey wakey". He reluctantly let's go and I go to the bathroom to do my business. After washing and drying my hands as I open the door I see he's not on the bed. Hmm, I guess he went down to his office to get his work done. Walking out the room my waist is seized by his hands as he life me up with my over his shoulder. Gosh this is so high up. "Xander what on earth are you doing?" I ask while laughing.

"I'm having a little fun this morning." He smacks my butt making me yelp and runs downstairs to the kitchen. Sitting me on the counter he opens the fridge in search of our breakfast. "We have a long day today Angel. First we're going to a wardrobe stylist I know to find you a dress. Then we're going to have to find you the perfect shoes and jewelry to go with it."

"Let's not get jewelry Xander. I've never like anything more than a simple watch or occasionally a locket but I don't like to wear too much jewelry because I don't need it. And whatever dress we get I'll take ca-"

"No Natalie. You're not going to pay for a thing today. As a man and most importantly your future husband, I'm going to take care of you from now on." I try to speak but he places a finger over my lips. "No fighting with me on this princess. You're mine. And I always take care of what's mine." He crashes his lips to mine. We ended up having a very very steamy make out session to the point where we were almost naked but decided we'd wait until later for that.

After eating breakfast we both got dressed and ready before getting into his car and beginning another long day.